Thursday, March 5, 2009

First Post ~ Finally:)

Wow, this blog has been a long time coming! I originally planned to start it back when we were just beginning our adoption journey in the Fall of 2007. At the time, I thought it would be a great way to perhaps provide a little background leading up to our decision to build our family through the miracle of adoption. I also thought the blog would be a great way to help keep everyone informed of our journey and how things were progressing. But...geez...things happened FAST! I barely had the template decided upon and was trying to figure out just what to say...and before we knew it we were "expecting" our baby girl and then she was here! Oh, I am definitely not complaining:) We feel blessed beyond our wildest dreams. It has been the most wonderful whirlwind of fun...

So, here I am a little over a year later...finally starting my blog. I must say I check four blogs on a regular basis...they belong to two friends, a friend's mother's and a family member. They are all unique and amazingly well done. They have truly inspired me to take on this little (big!) venture. I am very excited about sharing photos and updates of Rachel on a regular basis if anyone is interested. I do not keep in touch nearly as much as I'd like to via the telephone and everyone knows how hard it can be with the way we are all spread out now. So my wish is for you to enjoy the updates and photos and maybe even leave an occasional comment for us which I will always share with our baby girl. I miss everyone very much and hope this is a way we can keep in touch a bit. My only regret is not doing this when she was born. We would have almost a whole year of milestones and cute pictures already on here! Boy, that would have really helped me with recording all her "firsts" as it is hard to keep track of all the dates and happenings:)!

5 comments:

Lori/RachelsMommy said...

Just testing the comments section:) I must say, nice job so far:)

kimberly said...

beautiful beginnings lori.....and what a precious little girl!
i am jamie's mom...and i know what an inspiration and encouragement you have been throughout this process for jamie and matt....it was a gift for you to be there for her to "talk" to when the waiting was so hard and events were frustrating.
welcome to blogland....looks like you definitely have the hang of it....lovely!
hugs,
kimberly

kimberly said...

p.s.....that is one of my favorite songs! :)

Jamie said...

yay!! lori had a blog! :) This is beautiful Lori. :) I look so forward to following along....

Jamie said...

that was "lori HAS a blog" :)