Sunday, March 8, 2009

I Found THE Cupcake Recipe...

Yay...one more thing to check off my list...I have found the vanilla cupcake recipe I plan to use for Rachel's party cupcakes! Um, not that it was very difficult ...have been a big fan of the Wilton Cake Decorating site lately:) The Vanilla Cupcake and Buttercream Frosting recipes go very well together:) I whipped up a batch before dinner today and they were a BIG hit! We even let Rachel have a little taste as she will be getting her photos taken eating some of one on Monday. We figured they were a success when we were getting grunts from her for more bites:)!! They frosted up so cute using the 1M swirly tip! Then I added a little pink and purple Color Mist and... Voila! Cute Cupcakes! I'm on my way...

One Year Ago Today...
So...one year ago today was a very special day...I was showing Frank lots of teeny, little baby girl clothes:)! It was the day that a little special event was hosted for me that I truly never thought I would have...my first Baby Shower:)! I attended so many over the past 20+ years and especially in the past 10 during the time we ourselves were trying to conceive. I actually went to 12 during just one year when I was teaching 6th grade. I have always loved Baby Showers, but I must admit it was getting more and more difficult wondering if we would ever be blessed with a child of our own. I always tried not to let my IF difficulties carry over to interfere with that kind of stuff, but that is sometimes easier said than done. So...last year...Saturday March 8th, 2008 was indeed a very memorable and emotional day. I was working at a local Curves and my wonderful friend/boss/owner along with about 20- 25 sweet ladies from the club joined me for a day I'll always remember. It was a beautiful, special day! Rachel recieved lots of adorable clothing...so tiny and cute:). Little did we know our precious girl would be born just 10 days later! I'll have to add a couple of pictures soon...

2 comments:

kimberly said...

and this one tears too!!!! it was always hard for me as a mother to know what jamie was going through with this very same thing.....she was amazing with it all...but know it was so hard. i only could IMAGINE being able to give her a baby shower....and i couldn't even conjure up what it would feel like...until it actually became real...and it was beyond description the blessing it was.
something i will never forget either.
hugs,
kimberly

fashiongreentbags.etsy.com said...

You are truly blessed but it's Rachel who has entered a family any baby would dream of having. You're all wonderful and there are not MORE caring parents on the planet than you and Frank.