We did it! We ventured up to the Tulip Festival today in Skagit County! It was a gorgeous day...sunny...almost 60 degrees...breezy...beautiful! Apparently we weren't the only ones who thought so as there were lots and lots of people who had the exact same idea. Oh, boy...roads packed...bumper to bumper traffic...backed up for miles...we weren't getting anywhere fast. We thought Rachel would sleep on the way up as we planned to be on the road around the time she should be napping. Um, no...she took a little catnap but that was it! We were stuck in traffic for so long I had to climb in the backseat to give her some milk and a snack:). Fortunately I had several with us as Frank needed a snack too! She ate the Cheerios and he ate the cinnamon bunny cookies. I was a little nervous as I thought he was just going to say forget it and turn around and head home. But...we stuck it out and were so glad we did. The tulips were glorious...colorful...fragrant...and plentiful!!! Oooh...and we saw the daffodils too! It was a memorable day...happy, giggling baby...curious...reaching for the soft petals...smiling Mommy and Daddy...grinning from ear to ear...so happy to be on this little Spring adventure with their darling daughter...sharing some pictures of our breathtakingly beautiful adventure...
Heading to the tulip fields...Mommy wanted to see the PINK ones first!!! 
In a word...EXTRAORDINARY...
Rachel & Mommy...in the PINK:)
I love this... 
and this...
Pink & Purple!!!
Rachel & Daddy...
Couldn't resist a little touch...
A very nice lady offered to take our picture!
A sea of yellow tulips with some red ones popping up here and there...
What do the yellow ones feel like?
Rachel & Mommy... 
On our way out of the fields...um...windy:) 
A sea of daffodils... 







3 comments:
this is so beautiful! it takes me back to last year when we went to visit JOH for the first time. :) We went to the tulip festival then ~ I can't believe that was a year ago!! :)
I'm glad you didn't turn around and go home (matt probably would've!) because it looks like a really fun time for all of you! :)
Thanks for sharing!!
absolutely beautiful.....(and the flowers too!) :)
Very pretty flowers; beautiful photos. :) -Elizabeth & Ravi
Post a Comment