Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Year Ago...@ March 18, 2008...

I started on a "One Year Ago Today" post today, April 18, 2009, for Rachel's 13 month milestone mark and I realized that I did not do one at 12 months/1 year like I originally planned. I guess I was a little busy the week of her birthday:). This is something I'd really like to do along with sharing pics from the previous year. It will help make up for all those months I missed out on blogging and sharing last year. My only problem is choosing the pictures. Apparently I tend to take a lot of pictures:) as I know many of you do. It is hard not to when everything our little ones, including fur-babies, do is so darn cute. I even sneak in and take pictures of Rachel sleeping as she looks so peaceful and beautiful. Just today I found myself standing over her crib watching her sleep then going to find Frank so he could take a look. He never declines no matter how busy he is...brings to mind that song by Aerosmith..."I Don't Want to Miss a Thing". (had to add it to my playlist here:))

So...to "not miss a thing " on the blog...I wanted to share some of the very first pictures we have of our baby girl. She was about 12 hours old. She weighed in at 6 lbs. 11 oz. at the time and was 20 inches long. I still remember feeling like I was just holding a heavy cotton blanket. She was all swaddled and it was hard to find the tiny, skinny little baby in there. Frank changed her diaper within minutes of our holding her and I looked at him and said "How do you put a diaper on something so small?" The newborn diapers were huge! I never thought of buying Preemie ones as she was not a Preemie, but the Preemie sleepers fit so the diapers probably would have too. Everything I had was size Newborn which she was swimming in. I remember being glad I purchased a couple of Preemie sleepers at the last minute the week before she was born "just in case"...


Perhaps you can see why we fell in love with our sweet girl the moment we saw her...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

oh my goodness ~ she was just SO tiny. :) milo was almost 9 lbs and I can't imagine taking care of anything smaller! :) she's just beautiful lori ~ always has been, always will be. :)