"What's in the Music Box?
What's in the Music Box?
Come look & come see...
Oh, what can it be?
What's in the Music Box?"

One of Rachel's favorite moments during Gymboree Music Class is when Teacher Katherine brings out the Music Box! Oh, what fun! It's so cute to see her with her little arms extended up to reach the box as the teacher sings and shakes it while bringing it to the middle of the group of children.

So, in my never ending quest to become more organized and also to make the days more fun and interesting for Rachel...I created a Music Box with all her instruments. I've had the idea for awhile, thinking back to my days of organizing a classroom. I bought some clear bins and labelled them:)...Yes, I love labels:). So far we have a Music Box, a Puzzle Box which also includes our flashcards, a Peek-A-Boo Book Box and an Art Supply Box. She still has two "pretty" bins in the family room...one of books and one of assorted toys, but I took the items that could be categorized. It was really fun today! She got so excited when I started singing the song and right away wanted to see inside. It was as if she got all kinds of new toys since I took the toys from the general population last week:)...Oh, the Peek-A-Boo Books (Lift the Flap) needed their own bin because she has a bunch and she needs more supervision when reading them as opposed to her regular books. Yes, unfortunately, flaps started showing up in the strangest places as she can now tear them out! Yikes...we treat our books respectfully. So..."What's in the Music Box?"...
The first thing she reaches for is her drum!

Next up, the Xylophone...
much better since Mommy cut the cord and she can move it around better...

Oh, and even better on the lap too!
She was so funny and was dragging the wand across the keys instead of just tapping them...

Now for a little tambourine time.
It is her favorite in class and Mommy could not resist singing...
"C'mon everybody, it's parachute time, parachute time...time to have some fun!"
She just chuckles at me when she recognizes the songs I sing from her classes.

Oh, boy...the recorder...Mommy got to play too!
Notice she has a little audience now:)...

Break Time!
Being a "One Baby Band" is hard work!

"Band on the Run?!"
(couldn't resist:))

"Pitter patter raindrops. Rain is quiet. Rain is quiet."
You can see where she is using her fingertips instead of her whole palm.
In class, we sing
"I hear thunder! I hear thunder!
It's so loud. It's so loud."
We pound loudly on the big drum.
Then...
"Pitter patter raindrops. Pitter patter raindrops.
Rain is quiet. Rain is quiet."
Fingertips tapping for the raindrops:)...
I missed the "thunder", but got the "raindrops" here:)...

Drumsticks!

Captive audience...

Another kind of xylophone...from her Bee Bop Band...
a favorite toy from her 1st birthday...
(Thanks Timmarie and Timmie:))

Maracas, Baby!

And...a little Echo Microphone action...
she kept saying "woof, woof"...
maybe in honor of her captive audience...

A big hug for her audience...

~The End~
Hope you enjoyed our "One Baby Band"!
4 comments:
Aww, those pictures are so sweet. She looks like she has a lot of fun.
I'm so impressed at your organization ideas. I need to do that. I think it would keep things a little more sane around here. :)
i love the organization! :) rachel obviously does too! it' amazing how just a little difference in how their toys are organized can make it seem like there's more new ones. :)they re-discover each one for the first time.
she's such a cutie pie! i really hope someday we get to meet in person. :)
Timmi and I love that Rachel enjoys her drum and other music toys. Timmi also likes that Rachel loves to read. Reading is Timmi's favorite thing!
I pulled out a new outfit for Gillian today and realized it's the one Rachel's wearing in this post! So, they are twins! So cute! I am hoping to get some instruments for Christmas for the kiddos, Rachel looks like she loves hers'!
Post a Comment