This is sort of a "Then & Now" post. I originally intended to do one every month but...well...I guess I got off track a bit:). So perhaps it is time for one. I am feeling a little sentimental as Rachel's 2nd birthday is quickly approaching...a little too quickly for this Mommy. It is funny to constantly have these conflicting emotions...being SO incredibly proud of the learning, growing, and hitting of milestones happening daily yet feeling kind of sad watching the baby fading and this new little person taking her place...the toddler...and soon to be...the little girl. I have a sweet story to share from this afternoon and thought it might be best accompanied by some "Then & Now" Mommy and Baby pictures.
Some "Then" pictures...
Two days old in the hospital nursery...

Four months...Wow...looking at those sure brings back wonderful memories.
So for the story. Today was Gymboree Classes day. In between the two classes, Rachel and I usually browse around the mall and get a snack. We find a place to eat our snack and wait for Frank to join us for the second class. It is always difficult to find a place to sit as it is in a very busy mall. Today we found a table outside the Gymboree classrooms where there is the big Kid's Cove play area...imagine a gazillion kids and a bunch of adults...noise and chaos:). Rachel and I found a little table over near the corner and I broke out the snacks...some crackers, a little vegetable quiche from a deli, and our SBux green iced tea:). Somehow we were sitting there oblivious to all the noise. I always love watching my sweet girl eat. I think it is cute and interesting. It is interesting to see how she makes her choices and goes about her business. I also find it interesting how she drinks her beverage along with her meal taking little breaks along the way. So I'm watching and smiling and suddenly say "Rachel." She looked at me and I did the little thing I have been doing since she was born. I tapped my chest over my heart twice and said "I Love" then pointed to her and said "You!". (It always makes her smile) Today she looked at me then leaned over and tapped over my heart twice, kissed her fingertips, and then held her hand to my mouth for me to kiss them. Oh, my goodness...my heart melted and tears filled my eyes. Then she did it again. It was such a precious moment amidst all the chaos. What was even sweeter was that I realized she was combining the two little "things" I do whenever I put her up for naps or bedtime. She was combining the tap-tap-I-Love-You and the fingertip kisses I place on her forehead, nose and lips...one from Daddy, one from Doggy and one from Mommy:)...of course I couldn't help but think to myself, "Not only are you a sweet baby, Rachel, but Mommy thinks you are awfully smart too."
Some "Now" pictures from the past few months...
Gymboree fun...







No comments:
Post a Comment