Happy Valentine's Day! It has been an interesting weekend. What looked like it would be a busy weekend became one spent completely at home. First the Sweetheart Party at Gymboree was cancelled. Well, we could still go to class and have fun! We decided to brave the crowds and planned to eat out afterwards on Saturday. We put Rachel down for her nap around 11am, but when she woke up around 1pm she was HOT! I thought maybe I had her dressed too warmly and took her temp...103+ degrees. For some reason fevers really scare me, but I took a deep breath and tried not to be alarmed by how hot her skin felt right through her jammies. I called Gymboree to let them know we would not be in the class. Then I left a message for Frank. I gave Rachel some Tylenol and some lunch. After lunch she curled up on my lap for some stories. Clearly, my very busy girl was not feeling well:). So...we stayed in and had a nice family night. Frank brought us carry-out from Romio's for dinner. Rachel went back and forth with playing and just sitting on our laps for stories or some TV. Her temp stayed quite elevated all night and I did the Tylenol/Motrin protocol to help keep it down. I set my alarm and got up twice to administer the meds for her. It was kind of sweet as she didn't mind me holding her and rocking her back to sleep a little. I always enjoy that:). She has no trouble falling back to sleep, but I was kind of taking advantage of the cuddle time.
Just sharing some "Then" and "Now" pictures.
The first five are from her first Valentine's Day last year.
She was almost 11 months old.
The second five are from today at almost 23 months old...
So, today Rachel seemed to be feeling a bit better. The fever was down to around 99/100. She took a couple of naps. I had plans which included making heart-shaped cookies to frost and decorate, opening presents and taking pictures in her cute Valentine outfit, making dinner, hanging out etc...with a trip to Party City thrown in for some Birthday Party supplies.
"Look, Mommy! I have just enough hair for a clippy now!"
Yay!!!!!
Facebooking:)...







5 comments:
So sweet! I hope Rachel is feeling better soon.
so glad she is feeling a bit better ~ milo had a fever while we were in wa for christmas and it was scary to me too.....
looks like you enjoyed your sweet day despite the yuckies. :) she is such a little cutie and i think her and milo have the same haircut! :)
Love the pictures!!!
Roman had the same fever on Friday and Saturday it was down... I agree it is scary when they are just burning up through the jammies but thankfully he's better today!!!
Hope Rachel is better and up for the continued Valentines Celebration!!!
Great pictures! She is so cute! I'm sorry that she isn't feeling well, but it sounds like she had the best care this weekend. :) I hope she feels better soon so she can enjoy decorating those cookies.
Poor sweetie! I hope she continues to feel better. I love her new bow!
Post a Comment