Friday, March 5, 2010

Two weeks from today...

...we will be celebrating Rachel's 2nd Birthday up in The Space Needle! Yay! Looking forward to a fun afternoon with our Birthday Girl and friends. The only problem is...I still cannot believe she is turning 2! I cannot believe a whole year has passed since I started putting this blog together while planning her 1st Birthday Party! Seriously, a whole year!? Just having trouble...I know parents watch their children grow up every day. I can't help but wonder if they feel this way too. Or if you have more than one, do you notice as much? I mean...do you have time? One little one keeps me very busy. I am always in awe of the Mommies I see in the mall with more than one. They are amazing:). More to come as her birthday approaches. Just feeling a little sentimental lately. I have been watching her sleep a lot:). She still looks so small and young and incredibly innocent...especially when sleeping. Sharing some pictures from the past several years...



This is the reason I choose the 5 rather than 405 whenever driving South...
The view from our little Harbor Cruise...
Some glorious views from up in The Space Needle.
(The Cascade Mountains are in the distance here)
Mount Ranier, the ballfields, the city...
More of the Majestic Mount Ranier...
The sun setting behind the Olympic Mountains...

3 comments:

Jamie said...

awww.....i know just how you feel. :) i thought i was going to cry all day on milo's first birthday...but i guess i was too busy. :) it came and went faster than any day yet! :)

i think maybe because we waited SOOOOO long for our "babies" that we feel a tab more emotional knowing that time passes so quickly and that we may not have the option of just "having another one" whenever we feel the time is right. :)

however, the key is to enjoy the here and now every moment that we can!! :)

2 weeks?! wow!

Ashley said...

Gorgeous pictures! The Space Needle sounds awesome, but I knew you would plan something fabulous. I will anxiously be awaiting pictures, especially of Rachel's funny faces and of course her outfit.

Christine and Stephen said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh ... these pictures are great ... I need to either come to Rachel's party or just come visit Seattle!!!

Have a great time and I KNOW you will take some great pictures!!!

Christine