Friday, February 11, 2011

Please pray for our Sheena...

Dear Family & Friends,

It is with a heavy heart and tears streamimg down my face that I try to write this blog post. Our beautiful, beloved Sheena is in the hospital tonight. We do not know yet what is wrong, but from everything the docs have said, it does not look good. I am an emotional mess. I am trying to be strong for a very confused Rachel, but it is so hard. I cannot stop crying as I am so afraid of what we do not know. What I have just read on the internet has made it a hundred times worse, and I am trying hard to maintain some kind of hope that she will be okay.

We noticed that she was not her usual self last night,  then she did not get up with Frank this morning and would not eat her breakfast. She went outside for me around 9am, then turned her nose away from her breakfast again. I took her to the vet around 1pm and we just got home around 7:30. She has been admitted to a doggy hospital for observation and monitoring. She has a fever (103.2) and her red blood levels/counts are all out of whack. Doc took xrays which showed fluid in her abdomen. He then extracted some blood from her abdomen and said he suspects a tumor of some sort. It appears to be leaking? Could be very serious...location, cancerous etc...or might be in the spleen and removable or just a fatty tumor pushing on her tummy and possibly removable. So much uncertainty right now. They gave her liquids and are planning to administer antibiotics. They will try to get her to eat as well. They want to get her stable and then we might be looking at an ultrasound or exploratory surgery to see what it is and if it can be removed. (I am getting physically sick just writing this and trying to explain) My biggest fear right now is stomach cancer. Apparently from what I just read her breed, along with several others, is prone to such a thing. I cannot comprehend this. I cannot stop crying. She definitely seems like she is not feeling well, but she was barking like crazy when we left her at the hospital and really wanted to come with us. Rachel just keeps saying, "Shee-Shee come home." Frank & I are both just a mess. I feel like a cannot breathe.

Please pray our baby girl is okay. She just turned 9 last month. Gosh, this is hard. How long has this been inside of her and why did we not know? Did we catch it soon enough? Will she be okay and come home again? Why is this happening? I cannot process her being so sick all of a sudden. Please pray...




(Dearest Sheena,
Your Mommy, Daddy and Baby Sister Rachel
love you so much!
Please be strong, Sweetheart.
You're a fighter!
Fight this
and
WIN! 
We want you home with us
more than anything right now.
You are our first baby girl.
Our dream puppy.
Our beautiful, beautiful girl.
The most amazing doggy ever.
Lots of hugs.
We are all missing you terribly tonight
and
praying and praying and praying
for your recovery.
You are such an importnat part of
our little family.
Be strong...get better!
Love You!) 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys and praying you get some good news soon and that your sweet She-She can come back home where she belongs.
((hugs))
Fairlight

AmandaJane said...

I'm so sorry to here the Shee-Shee doesn't feel good. I'll be thinking about you guys and praying that she gets all better soon!
Amanda

Jamie said...

oh lori ~ i have tears streaming down my face...this brings back all the emotions we were feeling at this time last year as you know we lost our sweet molly at 8 years last march.
praying for sheena's health to return and for an answer to her pain that is repairable so she can return home to her family. i know the devastation that this can cause for a family as molly was our baby too........i was such a wreck and i know you love your sheena just like we loved our molly.....the pain can be so deep at the thought of losing them....praying for ALL of you!! please give us an update when you can! much love!!

Christine and Stephen said...

Lori ... posted on FB but wanted to read the entire status of Sheena. It's so hard when they get sick .. we went through this a few years ago with our boy Tyson ... it was devastating for both of us to feel so helpless! I will be thinking a praying for the four of you today and hoping to read she is doing better soon!
Christine

Carissa said...

Oh I am so sorry to hear this! I will definitely say a special prayer for Sheena. She is such a wonderful sweet girl, I hope that Vets can figure it out and get her better as soon as possible.