Monday, May 25, 2009

"We Will Miss You, Precious Kenzie"...

Kenzie ~ July 2007
I received a very sad phone call from my sister yesterday while we were driving back from Oregon. I felt bad because the road noise in the car was so great, and it took a moment for me to realize she was crying. My worst fears were confirmed and she told me the reason for her tears. She and Jim lost their sweet, precious Kenzie yesterday. She was having some difficulties and wasn't quite herself, so they took her in to Emergency. She passed away sometime in the afternoon. I do not recall all the details as Dana and I were crying so hard as she tried to explain and that mixed with the road noise...well, you get the idea. Plus it truly is their story to tell.

Kenzie & Me ~ July 2007


I really just wanted to express my love for my sweet little niece, Kenzie. I also want to express my love and sympathy for my sister and her husband. I can only imagine the pain they are experiencing right now. These dogs are our children and always have been. Little Miss Kenzie, a beautiful purebread Sheltie, would have been 10 years old on June 14th. She was a gentle, patient, timid little doll of a dog. Her shrill bark could drive you crazy, but then you just had to take one look at her sweet little self and you fell in love. She was such a kind, gentle soul.


Kenzie with her Mommy and Me...July 2007



I do find comfort in knowing that Kenzie may have not been with us as long as we would have liked but she was loved unconditionally. Her Mommy & Daddy, Dana & Jim, loved and cared for that little girl so tenderly and completely. There was no doubt that she was their baby girl from day one...the light of their lives. I find comfort knowing she was happy, playful, affectionate and lived a full and wonderful life. I will miss you, sweet Kenzie. The tears fall as I write this. Please know you were so truly loved, little one. I found a poem for you. I know it is written more from your Mommy's point of view, but it is beautiful and I wanted to share...



Treasured Friend
I lost a treasured friend today,
the little dog who used to lay
her gentle head upon my knee
and share her silent thoughts with me.
She'll come no longer to my call,
retrieve no more her favorite ball.
A voice far greater than my own
has called her to His golden throne.
And though my eyes are filled with tears,
I thank Him for the happy years
he let her spend down here with me
and for her love and loyalty.
~ Author Unknown
No Greater Love than a Mommy's Love
Kenzie & Dana ~ July 2007

The three pictures below complete my little tribute to Kenzie. They were taken when Rachel and I traveled to Houston last October/November (2008) for Rachel's 1st Halloween. They are just too cute as Kenzie was trying to adjust to having this new little person in her home. She would slip a kiss on Rachel whenever she got the chance:). I'd say Rachel definitely loved meeting her Cousin Kenzie too!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

geeze....i'm crying too. i'm so sorry for your sister and brother-in-law's loss. these sweet little fur babies take up such deep spaces in our hearts ~ it's so so difficult to lose them. she sure was a cutie pie and even though her stay here was somewhat short, i'm sure she knew she was loved beyond measure.

kimberly said...

so sorry for their loss, lori.....we have experienced this many times (with five children, there were always pets!)....and it is soooo soooo hard........what a beautiful tribute to their sweet.sweet. little fur baby!
hugs,
kimberly