Thursday, September 3, 2009

Anniversary Weekend!

Our Anniversary weekend turned out to be a little busier than I thought it was going to be! It all started with a trip to Gymboree for Play & Learn Class. Oh...little story...They play a game called "Freeze" where they listen to music and pat an Air Log and when the music stops they "Freeze" and put their hands on their head. Well, Rachel will pat the log but has yet to put her hands on her head without assistance or encouragement. Last Wednesday I heard an unusual sound coming from the living room and went to check it out. She was standing in front of the leather chair just patting and patting it with both hands. I told her we were not playing in the living room and to please come play with her toys and books in the family room. She suddenly stopped and put both hands on her head! OMGoodness...she was initiating the "Freeze" game at home! I have to admit the tapping on the leather does sound just like the Air Log in class! How clever of her to figure that out:) (Proud Mommy moment!)...So, of course, Mommy had to sing and be the music..."Well, it's a game that's fun to play...Freeze!"...you get the picture:)... oh, and when we went to class this Saturday and I told my story to her teacher who was just so proud of her, do you think Rachel would do it in class with the other kids and adults? Nope!


Fun with the Air Log!
This is what Rachel did while the other kids were playing. She went around and collected all the balls and put them in the bin. Boy was "clean up" ever easy that day...

Some fun on the big ball!

She went through the tunnel several times!

Learning to balance better...

Once again she set out to conquer the basketball hoop. She tried so hard a few weeks ago. She would get up, touch the hoop with both hands, bend down and get the ball, stand on tiptoe and start to raise the ball over her head only to lose her balance and drop the ball or herself or both on the mat...

So far so good...

And...swoosh!!!...it's in!

Yay!!! Oops, where did it go?!

Finally...a smooch for Gymbo! She just loves that little clown:)...

After Gymboree Class we headed down to the Waterfront in Seattle to one of our favorite restaurants, Elliott's Oyster House! Yum! When we were walking into the restaurant I realized we had gone there for our Anniversary last year too! Here are some photos from last year. Rachel...all dressed up to accompany Daddy & Mommy to dinner for their 16th Wedding Anniversary. Sneaking in a "then" picture:)...

"Striking a pose"...she was almost 5 1/2 months old...

Last year we sat out on the patio...Rachel & her Daddy...

A close-up of our little teether...she had just gotten her two bottom teeth:)...

Looking at Mommy...

What a difference a year makes! This year we opted to sit in the dining room. Here is Rachel munching on a sourdough roll. She is almost 17 1/2 months old...and has 14 teeth! Two more are currently coming in on top!

Exploring the pier behind Elliott's after dinner...

Rachel & Da-Da...

A "Happy Anniversary" kiss for Daddy...

Rachel & Mommy...

And a kiss for Mama... Wearing Mommy's lipstick! :-)
On Sunday, we headed over to a park near our house. Someone told me they have baby swings! I have been wanting to check it out all Summer. Unfortunately it was super crowded, so I took some pictures of Rachel in the swing and then we found a quiet spot far away from everyone and let the girls relax a bit before heading back home.
Ready for some fun!
So cute! She was holding on SO tight! I think she likes it:)...what do you think? Buddies:)...
Don't let that "protective" arm fool ya...she was just trying to feed Sheena some wood chips! We had to admit they did look a little like the doggy biscuits. Sheena had to give each one a little try before spitting them out! And...off to explore...with bare toesies...
Finding things to hand to Mommy:)...I brought home a stick, a rock and some wood chips! Aw...souvenirs:)...to remind me of our 17th Wedding Anniversary weekend...

3 comments:

Suzi said...

I love seeing Rachel's sweet little smile! If we lived anywhere near you she and Dashiell would definitely have to meet--he would LOVE her! :) The picture of Rachel exploring on the pier is just lovely, too. :)
-Suzi

Jamie said...

how sweet lori ~ sounds like one of the best anniverary weekends ever! :) i love how diligent you are about taking photos! :)
what a beautiful little family you have ~ who would have known it could be this great, huh?! :)
congratulations!!

Ashley said...

I live for your Rachel photos!! I check every day for new ones.

Happy anniversary!