Sunday, October 18, 2009

19 Months Old!

Seriously?! 19 months old! When did that happen? Wow, the time is flying by. Just a little update post and LOTS of pictures from our past week. Rachel had her 18 month Well Baby appointment this past week, just 6 days before turning 19 months old. (Our appointment dates got a little off due to our Disney trip and the doctor's vacations.) Anyway...Rachel's doing GREAT! She is about 23.5 lbs. and 33 inches tall! (if you pay any attention to the %ile charts...she is below average in weight and above average in height...or just right:), so all is good) She is still such a great eater and sleeper for us. We feel truly blessed at what a good job she does with both. She eats everything we give her and usually asks for "more, please". She still takes two naps a day when we are at home. When we run errands, attend classes or just want to go out to lunch and hang out together, she usually gets a short one in the carseat and a nice long one at home. She has picked up speed with the walking and is practically running at times, loves climbing...up/down, over/under, in/out, through...you name it:)...still loves her Gymboree Classes, toys, books (especially her books!), balls, doggy...and now dolls, teddy bears and practically everything stuffed and soft. She has to be always carrying something now...even up the stairs which can be quite challenging! She either tucks it under her chin:)...or tries to carry it in her left hand and use the spindles to help keep herself moving up the stairs on foot rather than crawling up. Her vocabulary is emerging with lots of sounds and partial words for things...Da-Da, Ma-Ma, Hi, lots of waving, "woof, woof" for doggy, quacking for ducky, growling for bear and tiger, "Shee" for Sheena etc..just said "up, DaDa" and "down" last night. She repeats "I Love" after I say "I Love You" to her and also "ready" when I ask if she is "ready, ready"...and of course "dirty, dirty, dirty" continues in regards to bathrooms, trash, diaper pail, dirty laundry, icky stuff on the ground etc...She also has lots of sounds and "words" for other items and the pictures in her books, but I am not quite understanding them yet:). Her receptive language amazes me every day. She follows directions and does so many little tasks with me and for me all day long. (no wonder she sleeps so well:))...She is such a good little helper! Now for some pictures from our busy girl's past week...


Helping Teacher Katherine
in Gymboree Music class?

Singing her ABCs (kind of) into her microphone... Exploring the instruments in the "Music Box"...
"Over & Under" at Gymboree Play&Learn class!
"Over"
"Under" Coming "under" or "through" another tunnel. We laugh as she has to come out on her feet and it is getting harder to do the turning inside there as she gets bigger. She is persistent though and has it figured out so far...our little "problem solver":)...Mission accomplished... Climbing up the rockclimbing wall to go "over" the bridge...
...and slide down the other side! "Bubbles for you...". Definitely a favorite time of class each day... "We're gonna pop, pop, pop...pop the bubbles!" Ready to go to dinner now...but WAIT... Rachel went back into the music classroom and found a friend to bring along. Gymbo the Clown! Trying to convince Daddy to let her bring him along with us... But, nope! He has to go back on his shelf. So...a kiss goodbye then... Helping Mommy after the doctor's appointment. If you can't lift it... ...push it! Playing some music at home... Snacking on grapes... She found Mommy's Christmas apron, so we had to wear that around for awhile... Playing with Gymbo Jr... Doing her part to help Mommy with the diaper pail! Ewww...yes, we washed our hands! Nap Time! Close -up of a sleeping angel... Playing with one of her dolls... Reading to dolly...not sure what dolly is doing though...sleeping on her face:)... Making sure she has what she needs in her handbag...Putting her jewelry on... Bath Time! One sock off... ...and the other off... A close-up of her sweet face... Now...maybe a little privacy, please!!! When I look at the photos and/or do a blog post I can see why we are all exhausted at the end of each day/week! But...it's ALL good and SO fun! I just look at this beautiful baby girl in wonder and delight every day...she is growing and learning so fast and I can't help but smile through my tears of happiness and love at what amazing little miracles children are. We are so grateful for this incredible blessing ~ our daughter.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

happy 19th month birthday to little rachel! :) sounds like one fun week!! :) i can't get over that she's only 23 lbs. :) ~ milo weighed 20 lbs when i took him in at 8 months! :) what a petite little thing she is. :)
i have to agree with your last paragraph ~ we are truly blessed by these little people who help make our lives complete! :)

Ashley said...

I love that the shirt being "off" is just over the head. :) She is so cute. Almost two years old!! I know you will have a fabulous and creative party and I can't wait to see the pictures. :)

Happy 19th month birthday!

Jamie said...

just wanted to let you know that i nominated you for a kreativ blog award. :) stop by my blog to see what the "rules" are. :)

Timmarie said...

I love seeing the blog and the updates on Rachel. She is getting so big and I am glad to hear she is speaking and can just hear that sweet little girl saying Mama and Dada. Those are the best words learned. I can not believe she is almost two.

Suzi said...

I always love looking at all the pictures of Rachel! I wish Dashiell and I could meet you both--I'm positive our little ones would hit it off and have so much fun together! Rachel has such a lovely smile and seems like such a happy little girl. She definitely is a blessing!

-Suzi and Dash