Thursday, October 15, 2009

Winnie-the-Pooh...

So...we kind of like Winnie-the-Pooh around here. When we were thinking about decorating a nursery, before even knowing whether for a boy or a girl, I started looking at ideas and themes. I love primary colors and all different patterns and themes...I love pastels and soft, baby everythings. I just love everything "baby":)...So, it was hard to really focus. There is A LOT out there. Well, I kept finding myself drawn to the WTP (Winnie-the-Pooh) themes. There were ones for boys and ones for either/or, but not really any for girls. I originally had chosen a "unisex" one...lots of baby greens and yellows with just a touch of pink and blue. I bought the crib set and started tentatively planning the nursery. Shorty after that, we found out we were having a baby girl! Thank you, BabiesRUs, for your great return policy! Did a new search...now with PINK on the brain and found a new WTP theme...for girls...
Here is a photo of me with our new little friends for the shelves in the nursery.
February 2008
A very tiny Rachel in one of her WTP gowns lying on one of the beautiful afghans made for her when she was born...
Little "Pooh" mittens...
Some "tummy-time" in one of her WTP sleepers.
It's hard to believe she once swam in a size "newborn"...
A darling baby shower gift...little WTP outfit...one of her best fitting "real clothes" from when she was tiny. Truthfully, she wore mostly sleepers, but this was so cute on her...
Munching on her Classic Pooh lovey...
A darling plum, corduroy set I found at Target last year...she has the overalls with matching onesie, socks, coat and hat which she wore last September/October. They were a size 6 months and just too cute on her. A great outfit for last Fall.
She was almost 7 months old here...
I had also picked up the matching jumper, onesie and tights in a size 9 months thinking she'd wear it last winter, but it was too big. I wore it on her last week and just thought she looked too cute:)...The coat and hat are too small this year, but fortunately the purple sweater I bought last year still fit. She was quite the "fashion plate" when we went to lunch at Romio's last week...lots of compliments on her jumper and new big girl shoes! Here are some pictures of her with her dolly and also Sheena. She is 18 1/2 months old here...
Instead of narrating the photos which are pretty self-explanatory,
I am adding the words to a song that I just love...
"The House at Pooh Corner"
by Richard Marx
"Christopher Robin and I walked along
under branches lit up by the moon.
Posing our questions to Owl and Eeyore
as our days disappeared all too soon."
"But I've wandered much further today than I should
and I can't seem to find my way back to the wood."
"So, help me if you can
I've got to get
back to the house at Pooh Corner by one.
You'd be surprised
there's so much to be done..."
"...count all the bees in the hive,
chase all the clouds from the sky.
Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh."
"Winnie the Pooh doesn't know what to do,
got a honey jar stuck on his nose.
He came to me asking help and advice
and from here no one knows where he goes."
"So I sent him to ask of the Owl if he's there,
how to loosen a jar from the nose of a bear!"
"So, help me if you can
I've got to get
back to the house at Pooh Corner by one.
You'd be surprised
there's so much to be done..."
"...count all the bees in the hive,
chase all the clouds from the sky."
"Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooh,
back to the days of Christopher Robin,
back to the ways of Pooh."
Aw...I love that song...
might have to see if I can find it to add to my song list here:)...
Here are a few photos of the nursery as we were putting it together for Rachel. The last photo is of her in her crib last October when she was just 7 months old.
I think she likes it!
(Actually that huge smile is for her Daddy!)



1 comment:

Jamie said...

we were just watching wtp this morning. :)
rachel is just about the best dressed little person i've ever known! :) she's just adorable and so is her mommy. :)i bet you both get compliments wherever you go. :)
enjoy your weekend!