Monday, January 18, 2010

22 Months Old! Seriously? Already?!

So...Rachel is 22 months old today! I cannot quite comprehend the fact that she is going to be 2 years old in just two months. Seriously? Already?! Never has time gone so quickly. Well, while I am trying to let that knowledge sink in, I have some serious catching up to do here:). I guess I have been in kind of a funk when it come to blog posting. I have been feeling very sad about the passing of my Grandpa. Little things keep triggering memories and I find myself in tears. It is strange, how I feel, as we really only got to see him a couple of times a year with moving so far away. But he was "there". He has always been "present" in my life whether physically there or not. It is hard knowing he no longer is now. I have never missed an opportunity to send him cards, letters and pictures. I know how he loved all of these things, especially the pictures. It touched my heart how he would just stare at every detail of the pictures and ask questions and just really show an interest in our life even though we are so far away. It hit me really hard when I realized I could not send him a "thank you" card for the Christmas gift he gave us this year. For some reason, thank you cards are important to me. I may be late at times, but I always send them. I think I will write his, address it to "Heaven" and keep it with his obit and remembrance card. That might make me feel a little better. Anyway, there have been several nights where I could not go to bed without picking up Rachel from her crib, yes while she was fast asleep, to just hold her in the rocker and stare at her sweet, innocent face. I love watching her sleep especially while she is in my arms. (Thank goodness she is a good sleeper!) She mostly stays asleep, but sometimes her little eyes flutter open and she reaches up and touches my face, then closes them and just sleeps. Heart melting, just incredibly priceless moments. Earlier today when I put her in for her nap I laid her down with her blankie then went over to turn off the light and turn on her lullaby CD. In the darkness I heard kissing sounds, so I walked over to see what she was doing. She was making the noises with her mouth and I realized what I had forgotten to do. I always kiss her on her cheeks, then ask if I may kiss her head to which she nods and lowers her head so I can kiss the top of it (started that when I was sick), then I lie her down and whisper "I Love You, Sweet Baby Girl" and I touch my heart two times and point to her. Finally I kiss my fingertips and press them to her mouth, nose and forehead. I say "A kiss from Mommy, a kiss from Daddy, a kiss from Sheena" and I tell her I will see her later or in the morning and walk out of her room. (It sounds like a lot, but it is actually very quick.) Apparently, earlier today, I had forgotten my three fingertip kisses, so she reminded me:)...sweet, sweet girl. Well, I have lots to say and even more pictures to share, but as it is getting late I have decided to just post a bunch of new photos from this weekend along with some notes:)...wishing a happy 22 months to our Sweet Rachel...We traveled down to Eugene to spend some time with Daddy at work. It was a fun, busy weekend...

Now, for a little introduction...Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon Ducks, BUT we are from Ohio and therefore are Ohio State Buckeye fans! This made the Rose Bowl a bit more interesting for us this year. With Frank, an Ohio State Alumnus, working in the heart of Duck Country a bit of a wager was made regarding the big game. As you will see in the following pictures, our Buckeyes did indeed win! If they had not, you would be looking at Frank in a yellow and green cheerleading outfit...Yikes! Go Buckeyes!

Here is our Little Buckeye being a perfect Angel during her Daddy's big meeting on Friday!

Yep, you are looking at a major Duck fan sporting a Bucks cheerleading outfit...along with our mini cheerleader;)...

Group shots! I thought he looked great, by the way, and even told him so...um, then realized perhaps that didn't sound quite as good out loud as it did in my head!

One of their Daddy's co-workers reading to Rachel and Sheena in Daddy's office...

Yep, there it is again...Mean Look! What does Mommy do to deserve these:)...In the words of Rodney Dangerfield..."I get no respect!" :-) (just kidding...I love them)

I don't know who is happier here...the Da-Da or his little girl...

Sweet Sheena...

The formal work party was not exactly the place for little kiddos, but we made an appearance during Happy Hour and had a chance to see some friends...

Rachel was so funny! We were off to one side and I kept sending her back to try to get a good picture of her in her little "All About Buttons" sweater dress outfit from Gymboree. It is a dark plum color and I just love this whole little ensemble. She wore it for Thanksgiving too, but I did not get a good full length picture. Every time I sent her "back" she would come at me faster! It was funny and challenging:)...

Family photo! Thanks, Steve!

Back at the hotel...in jammies...waiting for Daddy to bring our carry-out from P.F. Changs. This was challenging in that there were NO cabinet locks...NO childproofing at all:)...

Sheena celebrated her 8th birthday last week on January 14th. Rachel and I bought her a special doggy cupcake from a doggy bakery near us...um, she LOVED it! As you can see, Rachel had to taste it too...
I don't usually post bathing pictures, but these are just too cute! I love the look on her face in this one:)...and she still fits in the kitchen sink!
This one is too funny too...my multi-tasker! Taking a bath, playing in the bubbles (they were on her chin like a beard), playing with the faucet (on, off, on, off...), AND brushing her teeth! Yes, I pulled the plug before it overflowed:)...
We went to see a friend's new house and Rachel was playing with her doll on the kitchen floor. Um, maybe testing to see if the bottle is okay for baby?
Yep, it's good!
Back at the hotel. She would NOT leave this phone alone...Oh.My.Goodness! Every time I turned around she was on it. It went something like this...
"Hello...hello...hahaha...hahaha...hello...hahaha..." over and over...then she'd hang up and start all over again...wish I would have had the video camera with me:)...
And finally...just a quote a came across today...one I agree with 110%...

"A daughter is a day brightener and a heart warmer."

~Unknown




4 comments:

Jamie said...

these are beautiful lori! :) i can't believe she's going to be 2 already.....it truly is sad how quickly time passes these days! she's such a petite little girl ~ I swear Milo looks a big as she is! :)

thanks so much for sharing these :)

Lea said...

As usual, Miss Rachel is a dollbaby. She is just the happiest, most loved little girl. I love "mean face"! Thankfully Gillie seems to have grown out of it quickly! Hugs!

Ashley said...

I love the mean face! Can't wait to see what you plan for her 2 year old birthday party!

Suzi said...

I've missed your posts, and seeing Ms. Rachel's lovely face! Thank you for the update and the plethora of beautiful pictures! As always, Rachel is just amazing. :)
Hope you're doing okay--
((HUGS))