I had an appointment for some highlights today, and since I believe it will be my last time seeing Krystal before our move I scheduled Rachel for her very first haircut! Yes, 25 1/2 months old and just now getting her first haircut. I'm not even sure it was really necessary yet. I didn't think we'd need one for quite some time still, but I noticed it was looking a little "scraggly" at her recent photo shoot. I also thought it might go more smoothly if it was done by someone she knows. Krystal has two little ones of her own and was very good with Rachel...patient and kind:). She even had some Smarties! Rachel loved them. I did still give her the lollipop I bought especially for this occasion. Yummmmm...Animal Crackers, Smarties, Orange Lollipop, 1st Haircut and Hanging with Mommy & Krystal = Fun Day!
Waiting for her turn!
Looking sleepy...
So far, so good.
First snips...
not sure what is going on quite yet:)...
Scrunchy-smile...
So it doesn't look much different, but Mommy can tell the difference. I don't have to wet my finger and tuck it behind her ears now. I am so glad I decided to do this. Krystal handed me a lock of Rachel's hair...a little curl from the back. I had not even thought of that and was so grateful. Also, they have the little ones sit on Momma's lap for the haircut, so I could not take photos or video. One of the girl's from the front desk was so sweet and took a bunch of pictures for us. A very good "1st haircut" experience for our girl:)...







5 comments:
She looks great!!! So sweet! I just love her. She is always the sweetest, happiest little lady.
Too funny... we won't need a haircut over here for at least another year either. Something about little girls starting out bald when the boys have long hair I don't know :)
What a special day! Hope you saved some of that hair for the baby book.
Ok, now i have to pay for more beauty things...what's next nails, feet. great pics sweetie. nice mother-daugther moment.
awwww.....i've talked to my hairdresser about trimming up milo's scraggly mullet too! :) these pics are so sweet ~ she looks like such a happy little girl! :)
Post a Comment