Rachel is totally and completely into the letter "A" right now! I believe I can honestly say it is her favorite letter! She recognizes it and says it everywhere we go:)...She actually recognizes A through F with almost 100% accuracy...little confusion with D, E and F sometimes, but she NEVER misses the "A"! I went up to get her from her nap last week, she took one look at me, pointed and started saying "A"..."A"..."AAAAA"...I said, "No, honey, I'm Mom-Mom." which is what she calls me. (she puts a b in there but I am not sure if it is before or after the m:)) Then I looked down...I was wearing my Washington Huskies sweatshirt and sure enough...she was pointing at the big "A" in Washington:)...PMM! (Proud Mommy Moment)
In the bathtub...she finds the letter "A" and sticks it to the tile...
And today...
I "learned" just how many stores at the mall begin with the letter "A"!!!! Oh, yes, as soon as we walked in the door...there was AmericAn EAgle...StArbuck's, and The Children's PlAce just to name a few with a capital "A" in the name. The whole time we were walking around before and after Art Class all I heard from the front of the stroller was "A"..."A"..."AAAAA"...with lots of pointing:). I just never realized how many capital "A's" there are at the mall! Oh, and on the way home we stopped at Albertson's grocery store. Yep, it is right on the shopping cart...upside down but she knew. At one point she did start saying "O" and pointed to the O in the word...easier as it looks the same right side up and upside down...PMM...haven't talked about "O" much yet...Since we went to Art Class today...thought I'd share a few pictures...







5 comments:
I am glad to see she is interested in letters and it makes me happy that I made her, her own special flash cards. I think she likes letters because she likes to read. She is getting so big, it is AmAzing.
Lori, R is so dang cute I can't stand it! What a smartie too! I need to do more letter with C&G!
what a little smartie pants!! :) that's wonderful!!! i would be a proud mommy too. :) i always love your stories lori ~ you just have a way with words that makes me feel like i was right along with you. :)
she is one smart little toot!
:-)...and cute to boot!!! don't they just amaze you at what they learn and how they figure stuff out wayyyy before you think they should!!!
hugs,
kimberly
How cute! You are such a great mom!
Post a Comment