"A thing of beauty is a joy forever:
It's loveliness increases; it will never
Pass into nothingness: but still will keep
A bower quiet for us, and a sleep
Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing."
~ J. Keats
We went up to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival today! We could not have picked a more beautiful day. It was about 60 degrees when we got there this afternoon. It was sunny, slightly breezy and just breathtakingly beautiful. We could see the Cascade Mountains, Mt. Baker and even Mt. Rainier in all their glory. Rachel has been pointing at flowers and saying the word "flower" a lot lately and I could not wait for her to see the tulips. I knew she would enjoy it...and she did! She wanted to touch and smell every one of them. She could not resist a little "tiptoe through the tulips" a few times and even sat down amongst them for a little rest at one point. The pictures practically speak for themselves today...
A sniff......and a clap!
First mud puddle!
Must touch it!
Eeeew! (just kidding)
She seemed to think it was interesting and I missed the shot of her rubbing her hands together as I was reaching for the wipes. Just a reflex, I guess:)...I did let her enjoy the experience for a moment though.
Heading down to the Tulip Town displays...
Look at all the kites! 

Frank was trying to get her to look at him for a picture and all she wanted to do was play with my hair for some reason...









2 comments:
How lovely!! Looks like a fantastic day! I love R's boots and raincoat! Very chic! Oh, and I love tulips and I wish we had a tulip festival around here!
beautiful!!!!!!!!!! and not just the tulips! :-) so many memories!!!
hugs,
kimberly
Post a Comment