Giving this another try! I have to go back and add pictures from our Aquarium visit on Monday, but I thought I would try it again. I went in for a much needed nail salon appointment today, and Rachel went with me. They love her there and always ask me to bring her with me. I have been going there since Tiffany's oldest daughter was only about 9 months old...she just turned 5! Tiffany only had one child when I started...now she has three! I love my nail salon! Tiffany and the other techs are awesome:). I love that they encourage me to bring Rachel. Sometimes Tiffany's three little ones are there and that makes it even more fun. Her second daughter is three months younger than Rachel and her son is almost 8 months old. They are all such sweet, beautiful children:). Well, Tiffany did my nails today and Rachel was her sweet little self. I was kind of nervous because I felt that I was really pushing my luck. I had already taken her to her Gymboree Music Class where we hung out a bit, chatted and took some pictures afterwards, then we did some returns and even a little shopping at the mall. I knew she was getting tired and needed a nap. I was so torn as the salon is on the way home and I really wanted to get it done before the weekend. I had one badly broken nail, so I chanced it with a potentially tired baby. I hope no one thinks I was being selfish:). I vowed to leave if she got fussy or too restless. Luck of lucks...my sweet girl was just delightful and played with her dollies and ate her turkey sandwich and apple slices. Such a good, patient girl.
Tiffany did my nails first, then I went over and sat in the pedicure chair. We were all talking and I asked Rachel if she wanted her toenails polished. Tiffany asked if she could try. I said "Sure!" I have been wanting to try but knowing Rachel's aversion to band-aids and stickers thought maybe she wouldn't let me touch her with the nail polish. She did GREAT! Tiffany was even a little surprised at how good Rachel sat there as she took off her shoes and socks, then filed, polished and put the top coat on her tiny toes. She wasn't too crazy about the little white tissue toe separaters Tiffany put on her, but she did great. We realized how much Rachel loves rubbing her bare feet together and Tiffany did touch ups three times! We all helped to hold Rachel's feet apart to let the little nails dry, and it all worked out. She loved it and kept looking at her toesies:).
Tiffany holding Rachel's foot up for her to see!
Checking them out on her own!
Mommy and Baby toes...
Rachel was so thrilled with her polished toes
and would not even let me put socks on her tonight.
She kept touching the polished nails and laughing, then she'd come over and touch mine:)...so cute!
New flip flops!







6 comments:
SO CUTE! I love cute little girls with painted toes. Rachel is one lucky girl to have such a fun mom like you!
awww....looks like so much fun!! :) i'm just so impressed with how patient rachel is....that amazes me. maybe because i have a little one who pushes the envelope with everything! he won't even sit in the shopping cart any longer ~ not sure how i'm going to get grocery shopping and errands done :(
anyway....i'm glad you both had fun together! as always ~ she looks adorable!! :)
That is the cutest post! I love that she got her toesies painted like Mama and then got new flip flops to match the polish.
OMG I just love her little pink toes!! I wonder if Dashiell would let me paint his toenails... ;)
That is so cute! She is the sweetest thing, I love the photo of her smiling after she saw them like she is satisfied with the job. :)
That has to be one of the sweetest posts! I love the one with her looking at her toes! So sweet...that is the one thing I miss about not having a girl! Mani's and Pedi's!!!
Post a Comment