Whenever I am doing something...
anything...
Rachel stops whatever
she is doing
and says,
"Help."
I tell her it is okay
and that she can keep playing or reading,
but she says,
"Help, Momma."
and then she is right by my side...
helping.
It is the sweetest thing
but it sometimes makes me feel guilty.
Childhood is short and goes fast
from what I have seen already.
I just want her to enjoy it!
I have to keep telling myself that
she WANTS to help
and to just to let her.
I remind myself that
it is a learning process and
she wants to do what Mommt is doing
right alongside Mommy:).
She has such a
sweet,
generous,
nurturing,
helpful,
little personality...
at least this Momma thinks so.
Watching the cookies bake!
She is not going to let Momma burn them.
(I love the tiptoes:))
Licking the brownie spoon...
yum!
Carrying the diaper bag into the house for me.
She loves to hike the groceries to the kitchen...
Yay!
She must have made 6 trips!
SO funny...
grunting and leaning on the wall at times.
I told her Mommy would carry the heavy ones!
She just laughed and kept going
until I took them away from her.
Here she comes again!
This is how she kept running back...
laughing the whole time.
Then she'd hike another one
or two bags back up the hallway...
(funny, you can see her pull-ups
and little sweatpants are too big in these pics)
(funny, you can see her pull-ups
and little sweatpants are too big in these pics)
She also
LOVES
to swiffer the hardwood floors!
Seriously, if I want to keep her busy for awhile...
I just put a clean swiffer pad on and let her go!
Cooking, gathering ingredients, measuring ingredients, cleaning up after eating, doing dishes, making iced tea, dusting, swiffering, making beds, laundry - washing, drying, folding and putting away, shopping, carrying groceries into the house, putting them away, taking Sheena out, getting her leash out and putting it away, wiping her paws, rewarding her with treats...
and the list goes on!
There is just nothing
this little one doesn't want to help with.
I love and adore my
little helper.
I probably should save these pictures to
show her a few years from now...
when she doesn't want to help any longer.







2 comments:
Lori:
I have a little helper too! Roman is always wanting to help, especially with cleaning ... people tell me to enjoy it now because as a teenager he probably won't be so helpful ... we shall see!!! The teachers at school ALSO tell me each day what a good helper he is ... who knows!!
I love that she is getting so big ... such a cutie!!
Christine
oh Lori, this was too sweet! It brought tears to my eyes! Yes, save those photos for her later... she's going to love them. Thanks for sharing!!! Meg (from the adoption bb)
Post a Comment