Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"Wordless" Wednesday...Again!

In a word...
Awesome!
There are so many words to describe our experience
riding the ATV "bus"
over the Sand Dunes
at the Coast on Sunday,
but
Awesome
is a good start!
I am sharing a bunch of pictures
mainly because a lot of them are just of the
breathtaking scenery.
Wow!
Rachel did "amazing" too!
She was the littlest one on the "bus"
and you can see the "Eeeeek!"
look on her face
whenever we went straight down a dune,
but I promise she was safe and loved it!
"Eeeeek!"
(holding on tight!)
Laughing!
At one point we left the dunes and we thought we were done.
After a brief rest,
the driver headed back out!
As you can see,
Rachel was so done after the first round.
She still did well though.
Momma really enjoyed the snuggles!
Next time we must take goggles for her.
One thing she kept saying to me was "eyes, eyes".
The wind and sand were kind of rough at times which is why you see me covering her little head with her hat.
"Whew! That was intense.
I really need this drink of water.
What do they think I am, a camel?!"
Part two of our day...
"Hello, Beach!"

3 comments:

Ashley said...

That looks like so much fun! I think it's awesome that you took Rachel to do that.

Carissa said...

That looks so fun. The pictures are beautiful! I've never gone on any ATV rides on the dunes but I have hiked up some big ones and it is always so beautiful.

I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend.

Jamie said...

oh wow! milo would LOVE that!! :) looks like so much fun! that last photo looks exactly like the path that we took to get to the beach at our recent get-a-way to astoria. is that where you were or another look-a-like beach? :)
what a little trooper! :)