Wednesday, September 1, 2010

"Wordless" Wednesday!

Taking a break from ironing! (only four more panels and two more valances...yay!) It has been pretty busy around here lately, so blog posts have mostly just been pictures. Rachel's Aunt Dana and Uncle Jim were here for almost a week. We just found out that her Aunt Ashley and Uncle Kevin are coming to visit soon. She's going to get "spoiled" with all this attention...but that's okay:)...she's a good girl and can use some "spoiling". I need to share an update post on all she has been doing lately. She has SO much to say! It is a lot of fun. Just makes us laugh out loud much of the time.

We had to run down to Costco today and on the way down we were just enjoying the country roads...cows, sheep, horses etc...For some reason, she was laughing at the "moo cows" and I asked her what they were doing that was so funny. She said "Eat!"...they were scattered and grazing in the field...guess that was funny stuff. Then she wanted me to call "Da-Da!" so I tried him on my OnStar. She giggled the whole time it was ringing then when he answered I didn't even get a chance to say hello. From the back seat came a very loud, squealing, high-pitched "Hi! Da-Da!!!!!". She had Momma and Da-Da both laughing! Just loving her little personality! Speaking of personality...sharing some recent pictures.

We went down to meet the Da-Da for lunch one day last week and ended up being late. First Sheena was being a bit uncooperative. She knows I cannot leave if she is outside, so she was taking her good old time doing her business. Then Rachel looked so darn cute and I wanted a few pictures. We decided on some outdoor ones with Daddy's Father's Day present...a cedar glider/rocker/bench he has been asking for for a long time. So here is Rachel giving Sheena a treat, then some shots of Miss Personality on the bench. She has this new "look"...head partially turned looking shy or demure...too funny. Not sure where she got that one but we like it:). Then one of her wearing Momma's sunglasses. I swear she just makes it her goal to make us laugh. Oh, how we love our darling girl. Never a dull moment...

Oh, and if you saw this earlier...I figured out dinner with a little help from Frank. I tried a new recipe for salmon burgers last week and we love it! It is from a gluten-free cookbook I just bought and it is delicious! Seriously, it is like 5 or 6 ingredients and super easy and tasty! We might be having these once a week now! Frank made the baked sweet potato fries and I made a cucumber/scallion/tomato/cheese salad with red wine vinegar dressing and we were all set! Rachel had a little leftover corn on the cob and grilled chicken with her sweet potato fries. She is not big on salmon except when I marinate it in the honey/balsamic marinade. That is another good one! Now back to my ironing...

2 comments:

Ashley said...

My favorite Rachel pictures ever!!

Lea said...

Colin also thinks that big animals eating grass is hilarious! He laughed his head off at the buffalo this week! Those are some sweet pics of Miss R! Love them!