I can't believe how long it has been since my last post! It has been busy, busy, busy...I know everyone says that...but it is true! Trips to the Urgent Care Vet for Sheena, planning Rachel's 3rd birthday celebration, gymnastics, Kindermusik, a little bit of socializing and keeping it all together with the Daddy on business trips...and just every day life is all keeping this Mommy's schedule pretty full...
The good news is Sheena is still holding her own! The Prednisone is doing its job and her red blood cell count continues to rise slowly. We are working now to slowly wean her off of it in hopes that whatever was going on with her immune system has somehow worked itsself out. To be honest, without knowing the underlying cause, it is still pretty scary. We also are not running to the vet every day like we were. They are letting a few days go in between now. The not so good news...she is drinking and eating like she cannot get enough! She is more aggressive, barking at us like crazy for food!, stealing food from Rachel, and needs to go outside constantly. It is hard to watch the medicine affect her like this and not be able to help. We are concerned about weight gain and try to ration her food without a huge increase in amount. We have gone from 2 Prednisone pills per day to 1 1/2. Hopefully that will decrease soon and she will continue to get better. Fingers crossed! Oh the other negative side effect...she is so stinkin' gassy! Ick and eeeewwwww...
So, at some point almost every single day Rachel goes and sits by her "favorite doggy" as she calls Sheena and says, "Momma, take Daychel and Shee-Shee's picture, please!" So...I do! I cannot resist a willing subject or two...
A few of "The Girls"!
Switching gears here...Rachel went to her very first concert! Oh, it was FUN! We took her to see the Imagination Movers when they came to our area. The Concert Hall was absolutely beautiful. We hope to attend more events there in the future. Wow! The nice thing, for us at least, was that it was on a weeknight and it was not super crowded. We couldn't take pictures during the show, but I snapped a few before and aftter...
Our little sweetheart...
"Daychel ready to go see
Magination Movers
in person in concert, Momma!"
(taking a snack:))
We arrived a little early,
so we had time for some photos and snack.
Very relaxing.
Such a gorgeous place!
Da-Da and his little "princess"!
Momma's Sweetheart!
Snack!
(Mommy loves this picture.)
Ready for the show to start!
She was so cute in the big theater seat between us.
It kept folding her up inside it though.
So funny...
Frank or I tried to keep a leg on it so she would not get stuck.
We had great seats!
We were in the first row...almost center...on the Mezzanine level.
She was able to stand much of the time.
It worked out GREAT for dancing!
Watching the end...
We were in no big hurry to leave...
Rachel requested,
"See Magination Movers in concert AGAIN, please. Momma!"
I wish!
(Fortunately, we can watch it on Disney Junior!)
One last look!
Always love getting my Rachel & Da-Da hand in hand shot:).
Oh, and did I mention what a good girl she was the whole time?! So sweet, a good listener, and even told me when she had to go potty! Of course, it was right in the middle somewhere and we kind of missed Warehouse Mouse...and the bathrooms were not close to our section...but I was so proud of her! I think I have been telling her that a lot lately, because now she goes and says, "Momma is so proud of you!" afterwards. I am! She makes me so happy and so proud. I think Frank and I missed parts of the concert (I know I did) because we were watching HER. I kept blinking back the tears seeing her excitement when she recognized the songs and started be-boppin' to the tunes. Heartmelt...
More tomorrow! Need sleep for gymnastics class. That is going pretty well too!







1 comment:
So glad you had fun at your concert! We haven't tried anything like that yet! I love that you had to hold down R's seat! Petite little lady!
Happy to hear SheeShee is doing better!
Post a Comment