Saturday, March 12, 2011

Party Planning etc...

The other day I mentioned being super busy. It's true. I've been browsing some websites, ordering from some favorite Etsy.com sites, found the one and only Party City in the area and have been to Michael's three times! I now believe I have everything I need, and then some, to pull off a special 3rd birthday party for an even more special soon-to-be 3 year old! Yay! Our little birthday parties for Rachel may be small, but this Momma is doing her best to make them special and memorable. My current projects for this weekend: make some party hats and teach myself how to work with fondant. Yes, I have it in my head that I am making her birthday cake again this year. Unfortunately I have never taken those cake decorating classes I told myself I would back when I decided to make her 1st birthday cake! "I can do this, I can do this..." yes, those are the words I have been repeating to myself lately. I found several pictures of Minnie Mouse cakes online.  I really want to make one. She and I are both excited about her birthday party theme...Minnie Mouse! I decided on the pink Minnie Mouse as that is how she dresses on Rachel's favorite show, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I am surrounded by light pink, bright pink , black and white as I plan my tablescape, birthday goodies, party hats, party favors, cupcakes and cake. Fun stuff. I am also doing my best not to stress. The important thing is it does not have to be perfect, just planned and created with love. Goodness knows, I have an abundance of love for our little sweetheart. She has been so good too the past few days. Well, to be honest she is always good, but she has been especially good considering all the errands we have been doing. She wakes up in the morning saying, "Get Daychel dressed so Momma and Daychel can go to some places..." She also talks about going to the "Happy Birthday Party Store." She is VERY excited about her upcoming birthday party!  I love hearing her talk about it. So...lots to do, but at least I have started thinking and planning early...

Rachel before heading out to
run some errands last week.
Sherman had to go too!
I love this picture because of how
she has her feet turned.
I still do that sometimes.
"Let's go, Momma!"
We had a little social function to go to on Saturday.
When we got home she asked me to
"Take pictures of Daychel on the potty, Momma!"...
I said I would if we covered her bare little legs...
She's so proud...every time!
She asked me to even take a picture of the yellow...
I decided to keep that one just for the scrapook!
Still doing Sheena pics and hugs every day!
So our Valentine's Day was pretty crazy with
all the Sheena stuff going on.
Last weekend, yes in March,
I finally got Rachel's giftbag together.
She enjoyed it no matter what the date...
This was fun!
Putting a 25 piece puzzle together with Mommy.
"Looks just like the picture on the box!"
A quick picture with Sheena!
We were heading out the door
to go to Rachel's 1st Baby Shower!
She seemed to enjoy it,
though I must say I do believe
the blue ice-cream punch
was her favorite part!
Note to self: Make punch to go with
her birthday cake next weekend...
She has been taking her tiny baby doll everywhere.
We named her Tiny!
So after the Baby Shower
I kept hearing the following
from the back seat of the car,
"Get Daychel baby brother.
Daychel get baby brother too!"
Oh, Momma wishes it were that easy:).

"I can do this.
I can do this!
I CAN make
a beautiful birthday cake
 using fondant.
I can make the birthday party hats.
 I can. I can!"

Oh...and my almost painfully, rather newly shy girl has actually been telling people that it's "Daychel's Happy Birthday next week!" Then she flashes them three adorable little fingers! (The "almost painfully" part of her shyness has to do with the grip she holds on me! Every time a stranger comes near us...do they really need to smile so eerily at her without saying a word?...she grasps my hand or leg or neck so tightly. Not sure what changed as she used to be super friendly aand outgoing. So much so that it made me nervous as people would always approach us and ask questions etc...Just looking for the "happy medium" here.)  

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Good for you getting all the birthday stuff ready. I usually wait until the last minute and get so stressed out that it isn't even fun anymore. :) I'm sure the cake will look great! Can't wait for pictures!

If Rachel really needs some "baby brother" time you are all more than welcome to come visit our little guy whenever you want. (I'm still thinking "go into labor thoughts" but it doesn't seem to be working yet.)