Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's all Da-Da's fault!

He is to "blame" for the fun we had doing something together today for the first time! The first time as a little family of three, that is. It was his idea, for the second week in a row, to take Rachel to see a movie at the movie theater! He mentioned it last week, but we weren't sure what to see. I have been wanting to do this for awhile, but I have been kind of nervous. Not sure why as we would just leave if she wasn't ready. I guess I was mainly concerned because so many of the shows at Disneyland were so LOUD and the volume bothered her. Then we took her to see The Imagination Movers in concert about a month ago and she did really well. Next up...movie theater experience! So today was the day! We took her to see "Tangled". It was really cute and according to Rachel, "This is FUN!" Of course, there are a few pictures in which to remember the day...

Little Miss Rachel...
ready to go and waiting for Mommy.
 Rachel & Daddy heading into the theater. 
The wrong theater actually.
How were we to know they had
 two Cinemark Theaters in the same mall?!
It was quite a hike to the other end of the mall to the right one.
Good thing we were really early for a change.  
 Yay!
Got our tickets!
Ready to go!
 Popcorn - check!
Slushy - check!
Big comfy seat - check!
First time seeing a movie in the big theater - priceless!
What a big girl we have!
(Mommy still had to hold the seat down for her to not get folded up in it!)
 Daddy lovin' how sweet his "big girl" is all ready for the movie to begin!
 Made it through all 100 minutes of the movie!
Watching the credits roll...
 Good girl!
Good movie!
Yummy popcorn!
Delicious Slushy!
(She drank the whole thing and said
"More juice, please!"
I think Daddy helped a little.)
What a FUN day!

4 comments:

Evergreen said...

What an awesome time! great pictures (as always)

Lea said...

How fun! We watched Tangled on dvd last week and loved it! I don't think we're quite ready for the theater yet! Good job, R!

Carissa said...

So cute! I'm glad that she had fun. Tangled was the first movie we took Bennett to go see that he sat through. (My parents tried to take him to How to Train your Dragon and they left during the previews because it was too loud)

Jamie said...

how fun lori! i love how you document all the new and fun things you do!! :) such a special girl you have. :)