Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"Three Special Steps!"

Rachel loves the Disney Channel show "Special Agent Oso"...and I mean LOVES it! I think she'd watch Special Agent Oso and The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ALL day if I let her. She doesn't even care if it's the same episodes over and over. I do! But she doesn't. "Oso" really is a pretty cute show, in my opinion and her Daddy's. I thought it was annoying at first, but then gave it a chance. I like how they have kind of modeled him after James Bond. Love the references. It is "educational" with focusing on helping others and problem solving. Rachel has been using the "three special steps" concept for awhile now. She makes connections with the show and things around us, and she refers to it often. She really likes to recap the shows she has seen before bed. One of her other favorite things is the iPad. She plays several games (matching, counting, spelling) on it and her Daddy downloaded a few Oso episodes for her to watch. Here she is watching one on the sofa...



I decided to post not only because we are currently watching an episode "on tape" as she calls the DVR, but also because she has used the "three special steps" a few times today already. While I was making breakfast, she was playing with her Ohio State football. I laughed when I heard her say,...

"Step One: Put your fingers on the laces.
Step Two: Throw the football.
Step Three: Catch the football!"

Words to make her former QB Da-Da, or any Daddy, proud!

She uses the "3 steps" a lot...for brushing her teeth, getting dressed, making plans to run errands, making something with me whether dinner or a treat, or just coming home. The other night I heard her in the back seat saying, "Step One: Go home. Step Two: Go see Shee-Shee." then she stopped. I repeated steps one and two and asked her what step three could be. She thought a moment and said, "Step Three: Hug Shee-Shee!". That's my girl! It is cute when she tells me how many "seconds" we have like Paw Pilot tells Oso and his friends when he is helping them. She'll tell me, "We go in 5 seconds!". Or when in Target she'll say, "We go home in 10 seconds."

No comments: