Thursday, September 1, 2011

So much to say, So little time...

I cannot believe the last date I posted on was July 15th! Wow! There really has been a lot going on. I have so much to say and think about my blog posting all the time. It is just a matter of having a chance to sit down and do it! Now that Fall is almost upon us maybe I can get caught up. I certainly have no shortage of photos to share...especially now!

We just returned from a fun 5-6 days at Disneyland! We had a great time despite the horrid heat we encountered each day. Thank goodness for air-conditioning, pools, and a patient little 3 year old who never complains! I am pretty sure I was the whiney one on the hottest days. She just takes it all in and accepts it. So easy-going! We did try to get her a nap each day whether in the hotel room or in the stroller. I think that helped. Despite the naps and returning to the hotet at a decent time each evening, Rachel has slept in until almost 11am yesterday and today! Our little one needed some serious recuperative sleep! I guess it is fair to say that Disneyland is fun, exciting and exhausting!!!

So...we are home and getting back to our normal routine. We have a photo session at Sears on Sunday and then all Rachel's activities start up again next week. More about that soon. She just woke up and is calling me, "Mommy, what are you doing? Please come get me and bring me downstairs. I have a boo-boo to show you. I love you. Wait a second! I just found my lost puppy book in my bed. I will pick up 5 things to show you. I will show you this book, my blankie, the Minnie Mouse pillow, my doggy...Doggy, you must tell Mommy the truth! ... (pause) Mommy, this little boy in my book is giving his doggy an ice-cream cone to make him feel better. Just wait a second! I have to tell you the truth!" Yes, the chatter is endless...almost like one continuous sentence at times...I am starting to feel like I need more recuperative sleep...

No comments: