First of all, thank you so much for the comments on the "Swim Lessons" post. That was a hard one to write! I was concerned about sharing too much and perhaps either Rachel being judged, Momma being judged or both of us being judged. I needn't have worried for a single moment! Other Mommies really "get it"...no matter how old their children are. Oh, and so does one very special Da-Da. He sent me a sweet email note the next morning:). Yes, I mean Rachel's Da-Da, of course. I hope he doesn't mind as I did not ask permission, but I'm sharing his note...
"Hi Sweetie,
Greeeeeeat post.
You are doing a wonderful job
and
she is getting to be a big girl.
I will definitely take her to the pool
the weekend I get back.
Lv dada"
Isn't that sweet? Love him!
He's such a terrific daddy AND husband:).
So...for some new stuff...some Fun Stuff! The "Swim' post was VERY wordy with a few pictures. I'm keeping this one to minimal words and LOTS of pictures! Yay! It's some Artwork, Bubbles!, and a peek at the Playroom! We have been spending more time in there despite the nice weather. It is a nice place for "unwinding" at the end of the day before jammies, teeth brushing, stories, taking about our day and making plans for the next day. We have been spending A LOT of time in the rocker before bedtime each night. Rachel's been making the request of, "Please hold Rachel in the rocker, Momma. We talk about our day." Then she starts the lullaby CD, grabs a blankie, curls up in my lap and we talk...and talk...and talk. Heavenly! She likes to hear stories about when she was a tiny baby. She also likes me to sing the songs I used to make up. I asked her if we could do that forever and she said, "Yes, we can!" Hmmm...maybe I should get that on tape! (I noticed that some of the pictues look too small. Remember you can click on them to make the bigger:))
"Fruit Loop Art"
So much fun!
She did two rainbows, I did a rainbow and a flower,
and we created the sunshine together.
(Da-Da did some flowers too!
Will share in another post.
He is quite creative:))
La - La - La - La...
Rachel
REALLY
wants to
HULA!
"Blowing Bubbles Time!"
(a semi-original "poem" by Mommy)
"The moon is up,
it's getting late.
Let's get ready
to celebrate!"
(This part is from "Pajama Time" by Sandra Boynton.
The rest is from Mommy:))
"Put on your jammies.
Put on your hat.
Grab the Bubble Bucket.
It's as easy as that!"
"Let's blow some bubbles!
Let's have some fun!
Let's laugh and giggle...
before our day is done!"
"Choose your bubble wand,
blue, green or yel-low.
Dip it in the bubble juice...
close your eyes and blow!"
"Blow them to the left.
Blow them to the right.
Blow lots of little ones.
Blow a great big one!
Watch them all sail away.
Catch them on the bubble wand!"
"It's time to clean up
and put it all away.
It'll all be waiting
for the next time we play!"
New additions to the Playroom!
I finally hung the lines to display
Rachel's Artwork!
It's looks so pretty.
(I wish I wasn't such a procrastinator sometimes.)
I hung two lines across from each other
in the smaller middle section.
It was so cute watching Rachel browse as if
in an Art Museum or at an Art Show!
This was a little hard to photograph
since they are vinyl clings and reflect my flash.
There are so many big, blank, tan walls in the playroom.
I thought this might be a nice way, along with the artwork
to personalize and warm it up.
I love how it turned out!
It looks even better in person:).
Thanks for reading and thanks again for the comments!







3 comments:
Hi Lori-it's a been awhile since I've been here on your blog. You are such an amazing Mommy!! And Rachel is so very blessed to have you. She is becoming a wonderful human being with your guidance...you were truly meant to be a mom! I love how you write many details and I am sure she will be thrilled to read them some day. Love-Christine S.
awwwww ~ looks like lots of fun and how we've been spending our days since we CAN'T go outside! ;) rachel is such a little sweetie heart and you are all so blessed to have each other. i always think that teachers make wonderful mommies because they have so much teaching and planning experience ~ along with knowing how to do all these fun crafts! :) i've had to research and research! haha! :) and what a sweet note from frank ;) thanks for sharing!!
Rachel's playroom looks so fun! We wanna come play! I love the lines with her artwork -- I can just see her "perusing" the art. :-)
Post a Comment