Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Our Tiny Dancer...

Finally!
Since October 8th, my blog list shows I have tried to upload these pics and do an entry 8 times! Those were the autosaves and not even the ones where I just closed it down in frustration! Seriously...but I could not give up. I'm pretty sure I have some family members and friends who would enjoy seeing some pictures from Rachel's Dance Class.

I think I may have mentioned before that Wednesdays are our busiest days. Our day starts with a Music Class (Mommy & Me) in the morning, then Starbuck's, then we head to the gym for an hour or so...Mommy works out and Rachel has fun in Kids Klub...then lunch and Dance Class in the afternoon. Whew! The best mornings are the ones that start with Starbuck's if I can get us out of the house early enough that is. Rachel loves sitting in Starbuck's having breakfast rather than hitting the drive-thru on the way to the gym. To be honest, so do I.

Dance Class started on September 14th. It is the one class, since way back when she was 14 months old attending her little classes at Gymboree, that she really took to the minute it began. I honestly tear up every week watching her. She hardly ever takes her eyes off of her teacher and participates in EVERY activity! In other classes she does a lot of observing and then participates in what she wants to...adding more and more each time.  She always does everything from class (music, gymnastics, play&learn etc...) either in the car or at home and makes references back to the class and teacher. She knows what she is doing just seems reluctant or shy to do it all in front of everyone. Because of all this I was a little nervous about Dance Class. Guess there was no need to be. She tells me she LOVES it! Yay!

Ready to go!
The "Hello Kitty" bag is acting as her dance bag for now.
Goodness how she loves that cat!
 Waiting for her turn...
 "Arabesque"
(She does these everywhere there is a "barre" now...public restrooms included.
She also uses the backs of chairs, door knobs etc...
"Look, Mommy, arabesque! Am I pointing my toes?")
 Skipping and twirling
while holding a beautiful bouquet.
 Tippy Toes!
Arms in "5th Position" like teacher.

 "Baby Ballerinas"
We point our toes and raise our arms,
And let the music lead us;
With our tutus and our new shoes
We are Baby Ballerinas.

We love to sing, we love to dance.
Now aren't you glad to see us?
With our tutus and our new shoes
We are Baby Ballerinas.

We will dance gracefully,
Ballerinas we will be;
With a smile just for you,
See what we can do!

It's time to say our dance is through,
We hope that we could please you;
With our tutus and our new shoes
We are Baby Ballerinas!
(adorable little song lyrics I came upon)
 Starting to learn the choreography for
"The Nutcracker"!
It is the Dance Studio's "Modern Remix"
which they will perform at a local concert hall.
(Where we saw the Imagination Movers in March:))
 The "little ones" from the "Toddlers & Tutus" class can be in it if they'd like to be.
They get to be "cotton candy" and perform on stage with older dancers (helpers).
Rachel says she will dance on the
"Magination Movers" stage,
then she asks if I will come up and dance with her!
Um, I don't think so...
I have actually been hanging back by the barre
when they practice so she does not expect me to be in the line for this one. 
 Last week she was so cute...
she got in line and held hands with the others.
As they walked out to the mirror she turned and kept her eyes on me...
smiling a huge smile the whole time...
eyes never leaving my face.
I blew her a kiss and gestured for her to listen.
She nodded, turned her head back and did all the steps.
When she was done, she broke free,
came running over to me, hugged my legs,
 and buried her head in my tummy.
 She was so excited and was just grinning up at me
like she was going to burst.
It was so stinkin' cute!
I gave her a quick hug and
sent her back to practice again...
while trying to hide my tears. 
This "Mommy Gig" is just a constant roll of emotions!
pride, happiness, excitement, encouragement etc...
all mixed in with just a touch of sadness
regarding how very fast it is all going
and how quickly our babies are growing up...
 "Free dancing" with a tambourine.
I love her
"What am I supposed to do with this?"
look.
 Sweet rhythm...
"Little girls dance their way into your heart,
Whirling on the tips of angel wings,
Scattering gold dust and kisses in our paths"
Author: Unknown

So true...

We love you...
Our tiny dancer,
Our baby ballerina,
Our beautiful girl.
Every smile, every giggle,
every hug, every kiss,
every song, every dance,
every jump, every skip,
every plie, every arabesque.
You make us proud, you make us happy,
you make us cry tears of joy.
You take our breath away with your beauty and grace,
your sweetness and thoughfulness.
Nothing can compare to the love we feel for you.
It is unlike anything I have ever felt before.
I love you, my precious baby girl.
My darling Rachel, who spells her name...
"R-A-C-H-E-L...heart".
(yes, your Kindy teacher will love me:)) 
Love,
Mommy

(It's funny...the entire time I have been writing this I have had Lee Ann Womack's song "I Hope You Dance" mixed with Lionel Richie's "Ballerina Girl" playing over and over in my head! Now I'm just hoping my blog post makes sense!)

No comments: