Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

T'was the night before Valentine's Day
and all through the house
everyone was sleeping
quietly, peacefully and cozily...
except for the Mommy!

As I sit and finish a few things for tomorrow, I can't help but wonder...as I often do...what the heck I  was doing a week ago and why wasn't it this? I imagine how relaxing it would be to know the Valentine's and photos had reached their destinations BEFORE the holiday instead of two to three days AFTER the holiday! It would  be nice to know what special little heart-shaped things I am making tomorrow...before tomorrow actually gets here. Pancakes? Toast? Grilled Cheese? Are Rachel and I making and decorating cupcakes or cookies? Do I have all the ingredients? What festive, little, Valentine outfit is she wearing? Do I have anything red, besides Christmas sweaters and Ohio State sweatshirts, to wear...or pink for that matter? Ugh...I really like holidays too. I just want to make each one special, and sometimes I am just not as organized as I would like to be. Always long on the expectations of myself...short on time.

Once again, Rachel's showed me what a good, little sport she is. She let me take 66 pictures of her in three different little "valentine" outfits on Sunday afternoon! 66! Yep, I was surprised at how many there were when I uploaded them yesterday. I think the most exciting part was to discover that this adorable little cardigan and skirt outfit that my mom sent a couple of years ago...still fit! I have bins of different sizes and sections of her closet for various sizes, occasions etc...kind of organized...and sometimes something gets missed. Bummer, but it happens. It's too big then suddenly too small...or doesn't fit the one year and then too small the next year. Well, this got missed last year. I think a lot did because of Sheena's illness and such. So I pulled it out this year, was bummed when I realized the size, but decided to try it on her anyway. Glad I did! It was so stinkin' cute! And it fit...mostly...a tad short but looked adorable. Seriously, it is a size 24 months/2T. I never thought I''d get it on her. So, Happy Valentine's Day from our little peanut. Oh, and she was so excited about the heart-shaped purse and is wearing the little red bracelet and matching ring my sweet Aunt Darlene had made for her back for her very first Valentine's Day. So cute. Love the "girly-girl" moments:).

Happy Valentine's Day!
Our Little Sweetheart!
 My second surprise was that this dress still fit too! Yay!  It was my super good buy from a Gymboree clearance rack a couple of years ago. It has a matching necklace, bracelet, and several hairbows. Super cute! It is a 2T. I did have her wear it last year even though most of our day was spent at Sheena's Internal Medicine doctor's office for her untrasound. We did have lunch (and dessert) at at Applebee's where we kind of celebrated the holiday. We were both pretty excited during our "photo shoot".,.
 I think we are all happy to be spending the holiday "not" in any doctor's offices this year! We have a busy day planned with going to the gym/Kids Klub, then lunch and post office (gotta mail the Valentine's!), then back to the gym for swim classes, then maybe a stop at Starbuck's and the grocery store. Whew! I'm already tired. I really just want to make sure we have time to bake something yummy for dessert. I do realize that with how busy we will be and how busy Daddy is at work this week it is our prerogative to celebrate Valentine's Day ALL week if we want to. We might just do that!!!

This is one of the darling pictures I took of the girls last year on Valentine's Day. Sheena was just diagnosed and was very sick at the time. The girls became even more inseparable then they had been before. When I was scanning through my February 2011 photo folder I couldn't believe how may pictures there were of the two of them. Then I remembered...after Sheena got sick, Rachel was constantly posing with her...hugging her...lying next to her on the floor...sitting with her...reading to her...and so on and many times she asked me to take their picture. Other times the camera was already in my hands. We think Sheena's doctor is amazing. We love and admire her. The protocol she used brought Sheena back to becoming our lovable, healthy pup. But...I do think that perhaps, just maybe,  the unconditional, unwavering, unending love and devotion and prayers and hugs she received daily may have played a little part in her healing process too. I remember holding her and crying into her fur, begging her, asking her that if she had any fight in her to please fight this terribly, deadly disease. I had no idea, when I took all those pictures last year, if that'd be her last Valentine's Day or not. I am so happy to say it was not.

A few photos from last year...
Sisters!
 Wooden Cookie!
(low cal/high fiber:))
(Guess I can see why the dress still fits
she was swimming in it last year! I didn't realize.)
 The Girls!
Side by side...
which has become the norm...
 Hug!
(This one melts my heart and brings tears.)
So...
here we are,
a year later...
hoping that no matter what you do
on Valentine's Day...
you do it with someone you love.
Enjoy every moment,
cherish every moment,
smile, laugh,
reminisce,
and tuck the memories
somewhere where they can
be called upon
whenever you need 
a smile, a happy tear,
or just a moment
to appreciate the
blessings. 
You are loved!
Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

She looks adorable! Good for you for getting it all done!