Wishing our
family
&
friends
a very
Happy Easter!
We had two successful
and pretty fun photo shoots
in the past two weeks!
Sharing some favorite
Easter photos of our
sweet girl!
We enjoyed a nice day
with beautiful, sunny weather!
We started the morning with a
little, indoor Easter Egg Hunt.
I filled 39 plastic eggs with jelly beans,
mini candies, coins and even a
couple of dollar bills
for the Piggy Bank.
Oh, and three had
puppy biscuits in them
for Sheena.
for Sheena.
Rachel was delighted about that.
It turned out to be more more like an
Easter Egg "Gathering" rather than a "Hunt"
as Rachel is really good at it...
and Mommy needs to hide them better!
After they were all gathered and opened,
we headed for the baskets!
There was a small basket of toys
and a small basket of assorted candy
from the Easter Bunny.
In the Family Room,
there was another basket
from us for her.
from us for her.
It was funny because,
just like with Santa,
she said the Easter Bunny could just
send her baskets to us.
send her baskets to us.
Yesterday, she did change that a bit
and said "she" could bring it to the
door and hand it in.
door and hand it in.
"She" just doesn't need to come into the house!
It all worked out though...
After checking out the baskets,
Daddy made us a delicious breakfast!
Then I needed to close my eyes for about
30 minutes before taking my shower.
I woke up with a nasty sore throat yesterday
and it has been interferring with any
quality sleep I may possibly get.
I took a mini-nap while
Rachel, Daddy & Sheena
watched a couple of episodes
of Doc McStuffins.
That is Rachel's new
favorite show on Disney Junior.
I must admit...
it is pretty cute!
Before I knew it,
it was time to start cooking!
A glazed ham, twice-baked potatoes,
green bean casserole and salad
were on today's menu.
Simple and delicious.
Everything went quite smoothly
with Frank taking Rachel
outside to play
"hide and find the Easter eggs"
over and over.
He tried putting her down for a nap,
but it ended up being a short,
little "power nap" today.
He tried putting her down for a nap,
but it ended up being a short,
little "power nap" today.
I prepared all the food
with him coming to help during
with him coming to help during
the last 30 minutes!
Perfect!
My timing was good, for once,
and I had the pie ready to go into the oven
just as the potatoes were coming out.
That hardly ever happens for me;).
After dinner, we cleaned up and then colored our eggs. I called Mom & Dad and chatted a bit, then it was time for pie! It turned out great! I made a Mixed Berry Pie of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. I served it with ice-cream and it was delish. One more round of clean up and we were ready to relax. Rachel and her Daddy read a bunch of her Easter/Spring books while I got the craft supplies together. A friend gave me a super cute idea for a little project we could do for the Grandparents and some Aunts and Uncles. We started it today and will finish tomorrow. It will reach everyone a little late, but I think it will still be okay. So...the day was fun but went really fast! We never had the chance to play any games, frost and decorate the cookies, or watch the new Dumbo DVD Rachel got for Easter...but tomorrow is another day...Happy Easter 2012!



















No comments:
Post a Comment