We have just completed a very fun week! A few months ago I signed Rachel up for a "Fairy Princess Dance Camp" at the studio where she was taking her Toddlers & Tutus class. It was three hours each morning for five days! Yay Us! Just one more step in a more independent direction...for both of us. After the first ten minutes of the first day, she did great! It was "no mommies allowed" so we just needed a few extra minutes to say goodbye. Her, "I will miss you, Mommy!" each day as we said goodbye almost did me in but it all went very well.
Waiting to go to Dance Camp
at the beginning of the week...
Momma loves this close-up...
It was a week full of dancing, playing, making adorable little "princess" crafts, having snacks with new friends, watching Disney Princesses on video, playing and more dancing! On the last day, parents were invited to a very special performance! It was very sweet, and we were impressed with how well everyone did with just a few days to learn the routine.
Dancing...
Tiaras and certificates...
Our beautiful little
Fairy Princess!
Peek-A-Boo
with the pretty yellow
fairy princess wand
she made on Tuesday!
The performance was adorable like I said, but Rachel had everyone laughing as soon as she hit the stage. There were only about ten of us in the audience at the studio where this little stage was, so the dancers could see everyone quite clearly. I think Rachel may have been a little surprised to see her Daddy there. This was evident in the approximately ten different "Hi Daddy!" exclamations, complete with sweet inflection in her tone, that she articulated as the performance began. I put my finger to my lips in the "shhhh" motion and pointed quietly to her teacher. She then looked over, realized everyone was dancing, and performed a few steps...then was distracted by us yet again. It was sweet, adorable and priceless. I caught a little on video with my camera. I'll try to upload it next week to share.
The cutest thing was this evening after I showed her the brief video. I commented to her about what a fantastic job she did whenever she was focused and dancing with the others. She smiled and said, "I know, but I was busy watching my parents watch me dance! I was watching you and Daddy watch me, Mommy!" At least she's honest. That is exactly what she was doing...







1 comment:
I love the pictures. She is such an adorable little dancer! I'm happy to hear that you both survived a "no mommys allowed" week. I remember Bennett's first 2 weeks of preschool being rough and that was only 3 days a week. The things we do to try and raise well rounded children. :)
Post a Comment