Sunday, March 22, 2009

Birthday Week...

Goodness, I have really been wanting to sit down and update this page, but we have been having quite the busy week! March 18th was such an emotional and memorable day as I spent some time thinking back and remembering the events from a year ago leading up to Rachel's birth. I am still having difficulty believing it has been a year already! It was a fun week starting with last Monday when Grandma and Grandpa came! Every day we have spent together this past week has been so enjoyable and just priceless. It warms my heart watching them interact with their beautiful granddaughter:) Grandpa came through for us and we have lots and lots of video from the whole week. Then my brother, Rachel's Uncle Jamie, came on Thursday morning and it has been so much fun slipping into our usual banter and constant joking around! We almost cannot look at each other and not laugh:) He is a wonderful uncle...so loving and natural with Rachel. She adores him too and it is cute to see the way her eyes light up when she sees him.

I truly don't know if I could have pulled off the party like I did without all their help! Everyone was so helpful with tending to Rachel's needs so Mommy could focus on party prep. Grandma worked by my side all week and even cooked several meals so I could keep working on my preparations. She made several good recipes I will make for Rachel in the weeks to come. Grandpa was there loading and unloading the car after trips to the grocery store, Costco and even Kohl's. He and Uncle Jamie took care of all the balloons for the decorations the morning of the party...they made gorgeous balloon clusters for me:). Uncle Jamie was right there doing every task I needed no matter how big or small. Between him and Grandma...every little special detail was tended to to help this very busy Mommy and Daddy make Rachel's 1st Birthday Party a most memorable one! I am usually the photographer, but I was so busy with everything that I barely had my camera in my hands like I normally do. I owe Uncle Jamie and Rachel's Da-Da a huge "Thank You!" as they made sure to go around and take photos of everything for me! They both took GREAT pictures! I am also sending out a huge "Thank You!" to Grandpa for all the video:) Lots of memories captured...

Rachel had some other guests who traveled quite a way to share in her special day! Her other Grandma came and is staying for a week. It will be so much fun for Rachel as she will play with her and read lots of books to her! Rachel also had some fun with Da-Da's brother and sister...Uncle Todd and Aunt Ashley. She thought they were pretty terrific and enjoyed spending some time with each of them. It was so nice having them here for her party and just to visit with a bit:) So glad we got lots of pictures...

Some neighbors, their children and other friends and family joined us to celebrate...some in person, some from afar...truly a wonderful day! We finished up the weekend by heading down to the waterfront in Seattle for a delicious seafood feast and Rachel's very first Carousel ride! We all wore our party hats and hung on tight! That was one fast moving Carousel! Rachel had a very tight grip on her pony and a big smile on her face the whole time!! She looked so little on that Carousel pony! SO fun to watch her delight...

Well...getting up at 5am to make airport runs...better get some sleep...more updates and pictures coming soon!!!

2 comments:

kimberly said...

sounds like a beautiful, memory making day for that very special little girl.....that so many shared in the day just means all the more love for her to feel!
hugs,
kimberly

Jamie said...

so glad it was such a wonderful time! :)it really is nice to have so many people willing to help on such a busy day!! :) happy birthday to little rachel! :)