So...another extremely hot day for us here! At 11pm, it was still 91 degrees out. The house is down to 89! They are saying it was around 100 - 103 today, however my car showed the temperature getting up to 108 degrees around 3 pm. I have to honestly say it is making me miserable. I just wanted to sit on the sofa under the ceiling fan all day, but Mommy "duties" were beckoning. I dropped Sheena at the groomers at 11am, and Rachel and I headed down to her Music Class. It was win-win as we all ended up in air conditioning for several hours:). Rachel and I had a nice lunch at Z-Tejas. She loves their cornbread. It was "extra" nice because her little children's meal included a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Happy girl! Well, hard to tell here, but she did keep signing for "more, please!"...
After picking Sheena up from the groomers, we returned home to our "sauna". Did I say "ick" yet...well...Ick! For some reason, must be "youth", it did not slow Rachel down. She was dripping with sweat as was Mommy, but she was a baby on a mission...
You can see just how damp her sweet little head was here...
I guess she wanted to shoot some hoops despite the heat...
Yay! 2 points!
Perhaps some battng practice next?
After dinner, we headed out for a swim...
She seemed to enjoy the really cold water in the pool today. I did not get a chance to set it out to warm it up. With such a tiny pool, all this Mommy could do was put her feet it. I must admit, it felt really good!
I did use some pool toys to dump water all over myself as I sat on the blanket. It felt terrific:) Rachel just laughed at me and put some on her head too...

Taking a break for a quick text?!
She discovered that this was one way to get out...
Perhaps this is a better way?
Then time to get back in again...I can't tell you how many times this happened...once she discovered she could get in and out by herself...that's what she did...over and over and over...
She has such beautiful, long eyelashes...thought I'd try to get a picture of them...
Just a sweet shot...looks "soft-focused" for some reason...
After the swim, we changed into dry clothes and she could not wait to spend some time with her toys and books...
Silly girl...
The title of the post came about because when I text'd Frank to say, "Enjoying the baby pool!", he text'd back, "Blog post!". I'm doing better with not moving the pictures around so much after posting, so you can double-click on most to make them bigger if you need to see them better:)...I couldn't resist clicking on the eyelash one:)...







1 comment:
oh lori ~ that just sounds hot! it's the same here (never gets below 90's during the night) BUT we all have a/c! There's a difference. :)
Glad you are hanging in there and making the best of the situation!! The pool is a wonderful idea! :) When is it supposed to cool down?
Post a Comment