Sunday, September 6, 2009

It happened! I'm bummed!

I didn't take my camera with me when we went to dinner last night! My favorite digital camera which, by the way, I gave Frank kind of a hard time about when he bought it for me for my 40th birthday usually goes everywhere with me:). It is always in the diaper bag or my purse or just hanging out in the bottom of the stroller. I know that none of those are really the proper way to transport a Canon EOS Rebel Digital Camera, but...well...I like to have it handy at all times. It has, on occasion, been known to jump out of all three, okay fallen...but has been okay so far! Frank now teases me that I am trying to break it so I can get a newer one with more megapixels! Um, perhaps subconsciously? Not sure about that...

New doggy toy bin/hamper I found at Toys R Us.
I bought it for all Rachel's balls as she loves the ball bins at Gymboree...
Anyway, I gave Frank a "hard" time because I had been looking at them and knew how much they cost and had a perfectly good film version of the same camera...yes, I said film...remember those little black cylinders that contained the magic that turned precious moments (or just fun ones!) into forever keepsakes after you took them to the photo lab, filled out the paperwork, dropped them in an envelope, waited anywhere from one hour to one week for their return (lost the claim ticket in the meantime), then picked them up, paid for them, opened them, exclaimed over some wonderful shots you didn't remember taking and then wondered what you were thinking when you saw some of the others...was the camera upside down?! :-) And why did I ever get double prints without knowing what the pictures really looked like?!!! I actually still have three or four rolls of film in the drawer:). Guess I should use them up before film developing is obsolete. So...back to my digital...it did not take long for me to fall in love with this camera especially when I saw the possibilities! (Oh, the places we will go!) I love uploading my pictures (almost everyday!) and looking at them on the computer. I love all the editing I can do...cropping, sepia, black & white etc...and it's wonderful to be able to simply upload them to Costco's Photo Lab right from home, do my edits, place my order and then stop in and pick them up at my convenience. Geez...now that I see all this in print...guess I owe Frank a BIG Thank You for such a wonderful 40th birthday present:)...(thanks, honey:))...

I think the new toy bin is a hit!

She loves to empty it and carry it around:)...

So, I took my camera with me to Gymboree Classes yesterday, then used it when we got home and discovered Frank had assembled Rachel's Cozy Coupe:)...then forgot to take it to dinner. Why am I bummed, you wonder (maybe)...because not only does Rachel get her own little meal at our favorite sushi place now, but she walked in last night all by herself just holding her Daddy's hand! (photo op!) Then after dinner we went for ice-cream. It was her first time ever going to an ice-cream place (Coldstone Creamery) where she could actually eat the ice-cream. She walked from the car all the way to the door holding our hands and then we opened the door and she walked right in and went to the counter. So cute...sniff-sniff...and Mommy missed getting the adorable 1st pictures! Of course, I would have been looking through blur as my eyes kept tearing up...every day there is less baby and more little girl emerging. Mommy's having a hard time with this as much as I love seeing the growing and learning happening. Oh, and she sat on a chair half the time and her Daddy's lap the rest of the time and ate her ice-cream from a little sample spoon:)...good stuff!

At Gymboree Music...exploring instruments...
She loves her teachers...and tambourines!
In Play&Learn Class!
She walked in all by herself and went right to the middle of the room ready to go!
I knew the exact moment her teacher walked in.
This is the greeting she received from Rachel:)...
Just a random shot.
I didn't take too many yesterday because we were too busy playing & learning:)...
Doesn't she just looked too cute in her overalls:)...and they fit! Yay!
A kiss on Gymbo's nose at the end of class! Oooh...look what Daddy put together!
This is COOL!
She liked it from the outside...
The horn works! Beep! Beep!
Not liking it so much from the inside...yet:)...look at that unhappy little face!
Mommy had to stop taking pictures and help her get out!

1 comment:

Christine and Stephen said...

Lori:

She is just too cute ...love the face while she is in the car!!

Christine