Since I didn't start this blog until Rachel's 1st Birthday I realize I have lots of pictures to share from her entire 1st year:). I have tried to mix in some old with the new or do "Then & Now" posts, but I have not been too consistent with those. Well, a friend posted some darling pictures of her little son making what we always called "scrunchy face" faces at the camera. We used to just laugh and laugh when Rachel did those:). Her post inspired me to share a few pictures of...
"Rachel Faces"...
Ah, sticking out the tongue...
always considered these my "Baby-tude" pics...
July 2008 ~ 4 months old
November 2008 ~ almost 8 months old
Entertaining family back home with "scrunchy face".
February 2009 ~ almost 11 months old

Her newest "face"...not sure what to call it...
"mean" or "stern" look!? It started back in May but has only become more popular lately:)...she gives you this look and holds it until you do it back then she laughs with a big "ha-ha!".I hate to encourage her to furrow her brow like that, but it is just so darn cute:)...
Gotta love the crazy hair here:)...
she has quite a bit in the back now and she messes with it all the time...
"Well, it's a game that's kind of neat..."
Tap and tap and tap...
...and..."freeze!"
Yep, standing again! She falls off all the time and just gets right back up there!
The "all knowing" smile...she knows she's supposed to sit in her chair:)...
she has quite a bit in the back now and she messes with it all the time...
After letting me get a few shots of "mean" face, she initiated some "Freeze!" play. It's an activity she "observes" at Gymboree when she should be participating, but then she plays it all the time whenever we are not in class. Silly girl. She uses our leather chair like I mentioned in a previous post and tonight was using the arms of her Anywhere Chair. Speaking of the Anywhere Chair. We got it at Pottery Barn Kids and Rachel and I were browsing the mall today after Gymboree Music Class, and I decided to let her out of her stroller to stretch her little legs a bit. We walked around and I thought it would be cute to let her play a lttle in the PBK store. They always have doll strollers and shopping carts and stuff for the kids to push around. The first thing she did was go over to a pink Anywhere Chair and climb on it to stand...with her shoes on! It was so cute, but geez...shoes on?! and no rug underneath! We have been trying to get her to not stand on hers at home, but she loves doing that:)...
"Well, it's a game that's kind of neat..."







3 comments:
Lori:
I love those pictures ... she is just the cutest and those smiles... oh my god ... you know she's a heart breaker!!!
Christine
oh my goodness! those are adorable!! the "stern" look with the crazy hair just cracks me up! :) how funny that it's common for the "scrunchy face" to happen. Milo is 7 1/2 months and so rachel started doing it around the same time ~ very interesting! i wonder what it is that their "learning" from this. :)
Virginia has also started doing that stern look too. I haven't caught it on camera yet but it's the cutest. Well right now until she starts saying words to go along with the stern look. I never answered you but those were the Mega Bloks that Virginia was playing with. I LOVE looking at the pictures of your little one when she was an infant. So CUTE!
Post a Comment