Flashback...
Rachel...our little peanut...about a year ago...
actually one year and ten days ago when she was exactly 6 months old!

9-18-08 ~ 6 months old

I realized something this evening when uploading my pictures. Since I did not start our blog until right before Rachel's 1st birthday, there are A LOT of photos many of you have never seen:)...I should have been doing a little "Flashback" post at the end of each month. I might just have to go back and add those:). Anyway, a couple of faves from last year on the day Rachel turned 6 months old...she was quite the little peanut. I'd have to doublecheck her length at the time, but she was almost 15 lbs. here. It's funny to see that and to realize that a year later she has only gone up to almost 22lbs. Okay...back to the present...
Today!
We got up extra early for some reason.
After breakfast, we camped out on the sofa and watched Playhouse Disney. My favorite, and maybe Rachel's too judging from her excitement and applause, is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! Here she is reading a book and then "working" on her laptop while Mommy is checking email and blogs...

After a nice long morning nap...told you she got up too early:)...more "work" was necessary on the laptop...


Then it was time for some quality time with Sherman. Sherman is our Husky from the Build-A-Bear Workshop. When we first moved to Washington, Frank and I decided to "build" a husky pup. We were considering getting a second dog, not sure what the future held regarding a baby and thought this seemed like a fun thing to do. If anyone has ever done this, then you know the fun but silly process you go through. Yep, we both did it...spinning in circles and all...making Sherman a very special pup. Since we built him together he has two hearts and extra special wishes from both of us. Well, Rachel from him on a shelf in the home office and just adores him. She carries him all over and gives him lots of hugs and kisses. She still adores Sheena too, but she cannot carry her around:)...Rachel loves all stuffed toys, but has extra special affection for doggies!
Rachel & Sherman...


She asked for a pony ride...

... And pushed the new boxes of diapers I purchased all over the place. She especially liked this one as she found Baby Mickey on the box:)...

This is only a sampling of what our day entailed today. It's no wonder I am exhausted by the time bedtime rolls around. Loving every minute of it though...
2 comments:
such a busy girl! kind of reminds me of some little person i know. :)
we're trying to pack for an out of state wedding and my house looks like a tornado hit it!!
she is such a dainty little thing ~ i just had to take milo into the dr. and at 8 months, he's already 20lbs! :)
OMG, I'm squealing again at those pictures of her with her Husky doll! She just has the cutest expression when she's looking at it/kissing it.
--Christina (JGC)
Post a Comment