Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Last few days before turning 2...

Well, tomorrow is the BIG day! Our sweet, baby girl is turning 2!!! I would not be telling the truth if I said I am not emotional about it. Do all parents feel this way? I feel such mixed emotions as I watch my precious daughter growing up before my eyes. It is so amazing to see all the learning that is happening...the milestones reached. But it is somewhat difficult to see the "baby" fading away and a little girl taking her place. We are so proud of her and so happy for her, but goodness...must it all happen so fast!? Here are some pictures from the past few days. They are mostly Gymboree photos as I guess I have been grabbing the camera most often when we are there. We were extra early the other day and it was a lot of fun! Rachel and I played in the big gym and I took a bunch of photos:)...


Having some fun at home with the little chalkboard...
ABC fun!
Gymboree "gym" all to ourselves for a bit!





Oh, how we love this sweet, beautiful face!
A Gymbo kiss for Daddy!
Chillaxin'!
Class begins!
"Welcome, welcome, everyone...
now we're here...
let's have some FUN!"
Music Class today!
Daddy got to go too!
"The Noble Duke of York..."
Fun activity:)...
Rhythm sticks!

Doin' her own thing:)...
Exhausting day!
The new car seat in Mommy's new car
is very comfortable:)...
It was a little hard to put her to bed this evening knowing that tomorrow she wakes up and will no longer be our "One Year Old!". Frank and I both spent some time with her one on one up in the rocking chair in her nursery...singing songs, telling stories or just talking. One of my favorite things to do now is to go over everything we did during the day with her. I just list all the activities from the day and talk about all the details. She listens intently and agrees and sometimes repeats words I say. She has started asking for certain songs or stories. I asked her what song she wanted me to sing this evening and she said "Twinkle, twinkle..." and put her hand up to do the twinkling star. Last night I read stories, then recited some after lights out, and then asked her if she was ready for bed. She shook her head "no" and started making blowing sounds. I asked if she had something hot for dinner and had to blow on it. "No"...then she did it again...then leaned over and knocked in the dresser. OH! Wow! She was telling me she wanted me to tell her the story of the "Three Little Pigs"! She was "huffing and puffing" and knocking on the door! Frank does not always read from the books like I do. He uses the fairy tales and expands, elaborates, substitutes Rachel's name etc...(more fun than Momma but I figure she is getting the best of both worlds:)). Well, she was telling ME to do the "Three Little Pigs." Yikes! (Memory, do not fail me now:)). Well, I not only told the story in my own words, but I must say I think I did some good elaboration too! At least, Rachel seemed to enjoy it!
"Goodnight to our sweet girl
on her very last night
as a one year old.
Oh, how we love you...
our darling daughter...
our precious Angel."

3 comments:

Christine and Stephen said...

Love the photos especially the one when she is crawling through the chute!!!

Happy 2nd Birthday Rachel!!!

Our Maxim turns 2 on Friday ... it's so weird ... we've only had 4 months with him as a 1yr old and now we are planning a 2nd birthday party!!!

Christine

Ashley said...

She looks like such a big girl in the photos with jeans on!

I hope Rachel has an awesome birthday and that Mommy makes it through okay! :)

Carissa said...

Can you believe it has been 2 years? They grow so fast. I have loved all your recent post, the pictures are priceless. I hope that she has a wonderful birthday and that this next year is just a good as the first 2!

Oh, and I heard about the car-sounds like a great car, I bet you love it!!