Saturday, March 20, 2010

Getting Ready for the PARTY!

It is Saturday...the party is over...and we are catching up on some relaxing time. I have to admit ~ it was a lot of fun. The Space Needle surpassed my expectations! They were just wonderful with us, our guests, our birthday girl...and our stuff:). I tend to drag a lot of stuff with me almost everywhere I go. Sometimes it is necessary and sometimes not. Of course, when your daughter is turning 2 and you want her birthday celebration to be a special and terrific...it is necessary! I originally had hoped to have a party AT Gymboree this year, but we just do not know a lot of little kiddos. So we went with a Balloon & Gymbo theme. Here are some of the preparation photos...


Ahhh...the Gymbo Cake.
This detail stressed me out a bit as I had no idea where to go to have one made and knew I could not do it myself. I ended up going to Albertson's a few days before the party to see if we could just somehow put one of Rachel's little Gymbo "dolls" right on the cake then decorate around it with primary colors. Then...I saw the balloon photo frame! Awesome! Ran home, posed Gymbo, took about 6 pics of him, sent to Costco via computer, picked up next morning and dropped at bakery...I could not have been more pleased. Inna did a BEAUTIFUL job! Of course, Rachel's reaction upon seeing her favorite clown on her cake...priceless:)...
Party Hats = check!
Happy Birthday Napkins = check!
#2 Birthday Candle = check!
Lifesize Gymbo Doll = check!
Party Favor Bags full of goodies = check!
(including red clown noses for everyone:))
A few little birthday presents
from Mommy & Daddy = check!

Hershey Bars with "Thank you for coming to my party!" messages on them. (handwrapped by Mommy:)) = check! Party Hat for the Birthday Girl = check! The Birthday Girl in her prettiest birthday outfit = check!

I thought this was so cute...I picked up a little pink patent leather purse for her to play with and thought it would be cute in the birthday pictures next week. I gave it to her for the ride down to The Space Needle. When we got there and I opened the door...she was sitting there with it all the way up on her shoulder just like mine..."Ready, Momma!"

Here we go!Yay! We're here! Let the FUN begin! Just another shot of The Needle from below... Just for fun... Waiting for all the guests to arrive!

Unfortunately, she would not keep her party hat on for long:). Oh, well...just for some pictures...hopefully! Thanks for letting me share.

More party pictures to come! Our friend's son was really great with my camera and I had over 700 when we got home last night! All I have to say is...

"Thank you, Russell!" and "Will you go to Disneyland with us in May?!"

Awesome photos and we all know how I love my photos! I did take some but with the extra hands on the camera I was able to shoot some video too! Grandma & Grandpa will be so happy!

3 comments:

Carissa said...

It looks like a great time was had by all. Rachel was so cute in her little outfit, and the SHOES were adorable!

I'm not sure who Russel is but I will go to Disneyland with you in May. :) ha ha!!

I can't wait to see more pictures! You did a great job on all the preparations!

Carissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzi said...

What a magical day! Rachel is just so cute, as always!