Saturday, November 13, 2010

And Finally...

Minnie Mouse pictures!
Yay!

Here is the third and final segment of Rachel's photo shoot the other day. These are actually the photos taken right after I got her calmed down, cleaned up and changed after the "thumb smash". I have to honestly say, now that I see her thumb one, two , three days after the injury, I cannot believe we were able to stay and finish that day! I can only imagine how much pain she had to have been in during these pictures and the Snow White ones. She really tore up her cuticle area. It was hard to tell that day. It bled a lot and she let me hold wipes on it to try to stop the blood, but she did not want me to look at it, touch it or even kiss it better. You can see in the pictures, she just held her little hand out and kept the thumb pressed firmly on top of her fingers in a little fist. Makes me proud of her, but so sad for her pain. Every time we have a little down time, usually when she is using the potty and I am sitting right in front of her, she wants to alk about her boo-boo. She shows it to me, tells me it is getting better, I tell her how proud I am of her and how good she did even when it hurt so bad and now she lets me kiss it. I really should have known it was bad by how much she cried. Our sweetheart doesn't cry easily or much. It really took her awhile to calm down that day. I promise I am not a "bad" or selfish Mommy...I let her take as much time as she needed, got her cleaned up and dressed, and asked her if she wanted to take more pictures. I told her if she did not, we would go home and come back another day. I was ready to pack it all up. She did it though! She looks a little sad/serious in a few, but she had some great smiles for us too! Writing all this makes me want to go scoop her little sleepy self up right now and sit in the rocker and just hold her and drop little kisses on her head. So brave and more tolerance for pain than I can imagine for a 2.5 year old...


The very first post-injury photo...
 Being silly!
Not sure why the photog kept shooting at angles?
 Mommy's collage creation...
 I love that she got to use the white chair!
Sweet!
 I know she looks pretty serious here,
but I LOVE this photo of her sweet face!
 There's a smile!
 Getting a little tall for the block! 
 Mommy's collage creation 2...
Oh! And...
Countdown to the MOUSE?!
We leave Sunday for Disneyland!
Yay!
It helps to have gone before as
I have us set up for several character meals this time!
Breakfast with Chip & Dale!
Breakfast with Minnie & Friends!
Lunch at Ariel's Grotto!
Dinner at Goofy's Kitchen!
Hope we get lots of good
pictures with the characters
AND
that Rachel is not afraid of them! 

2 comments:

Nepsi said...

Funny I got almost the same dress for Vi on Etsy on hers has sleeves. Same colors and everything :) We just haven't gotten our disney pictures posted yet.

Carissa said...

LOVE the Minnie Dress! She is adorable! And I love the bow you added to her ears, that is such a cute touch. I hope she loves Disneyland! And I hope that you have lots of fun. I'll be thinking of you all next week while I'm home...maybe I'll look through my Disney photos so I can imagine I'm there with you. ;)