Thursday, January 20, 2011

Something Wicked...

...swept through our house about 10 days ago! OMGoodness, I do not think I have ever been THAT sick. I will leave out the nasty details but I think it was some kind of "intestinal flu"! Just awful stuff. Had me down for almost a week. Two days of throwing up...wicked! I could not even keep a sip of water down. Then the weakness and body aches and extreme headaches...pain! My biggest fear was that Rachel would get it and I could not take care of her. Well, she did get it to a certain degree...fortunately not quite as horribly as I did. I did not need to worry though...the Da-Da...or is that Super Da-Da?...took care of us all quite well! Impressive stuff. (I had to laugh though as I was cleaning out the text box on my phone and there were two to him that said "help me" and "need water"...I guess it was the easiest way to reach him from the master bedroom without yelling and without a bell:))

Rachel did end up with a small case of it as I said. It turns out she is a much better patient than her Momma! So sweet. Doesn't cry or complain. Just threw up in her crib and moved her head to a clean spot. Fortunately, when we heard her cough on the monitor, Frank ran up to check on her and was able to clean her up, change bedding etc...He is resourceful though...when he went through all her bedding (3 sets) he simply brought her down to be with him in the guest room. He said she then would just lie there and when she felt it coming on she would sit up, throw up in the towel he was holding, wipe her mouth and hands then lie back down until it came upon her again. Handled it very well. She did okay the next day but had another bout of it the following day. I was on the other side of all mine by then and working on some crackers and water, so when I heard he had her back in the guest room I crept in to check on them. It was the sweetest sight...big Daddy sleeping on one side of  the bed, a pile of pillows on the other so no falling off and tiny Rachel in the middle...lying on her back...staring up at me with her huge brown eyes in the darkness while Daddy snored away! She had her blankies clutched to her chest and was just lying there. I peeked in and heard a tiny voice say, "Hi...". Then she said, "Da-Da..." and pointed to him. I asked how she was..."Good." was her response. She confirmed she was sick and that, yes, indeed Da-Da's snoring was keeping her awake! Then she tried to scoot over to make room for me and said, "Momma, sleep in Grandma and Grandpa's bed." (she has been calling the guest room that since they were here for Christmas.) I told her Momma had to sleep in her own bed becasuse I was still trying to get better then I woke Frank and told him to stop snoring as he is keeping the baby awake:). Everyone made it through just fine though. Great Job, Da-Da! Love you bunches!

Been trying to catch up since then...been doing TONS of laundry...took the live Christmas tree down...easing back into eating...playing with my sweet girl after missing too many days...cleaning and just getting back on track...and also finishing up our Christmas Thank You's! For anyone who sent us gifts...they are coming, I promise! I am not usually this late, but I wanted to enclose a few of the pics from our recent photo shoot and then got sick...

Just sharing a few more December pictures leading up to the holidays...

Rachel occupying herself
as Mommy decorates.
She was sorting some of the ornaments
I gave her for her little tree.
Regarding the hat...
I had it out to return it and the mittens
to Kohl's and she decided
she loved it and wore it most of the day with her jammies.
That's my little "fashionista"! 

While decorating that day...we got HAIL!
A storm swept through here.
It was exciting and scary at the same time.
Loved how it looked like snow!
Hard to see here, but it looked so pretty through the window behind the tree!
A better shot...
Just playing!
This was a particularly fun day.
When we got home from gymnastics,
she had two Christmas cards...just for her!
She LOVES opening mail, presents etc...now!

Fun stuff!
A Snowman and a Gingerbread Man!
Thank you to
Grandma & Grandpa...
and
Uncle Jerry & Aunt Betsy!
Heading out to go see Da-Da at work!
She loves when I drop her off
at the end of his workday.
She gets to play at Da-Da's work
and
Mommy gets to go run errands!

A big "thank you" to those who continue to follow our blog. It means a lot to me that you still like to see and hear about how Rachel is doing. I appreciate your patience as I catch up. The notes have been sweet too...saying you miss my updates and photos.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you are all feeling better, that is awful! Rachel is so cute, I like the picture of her looking through her mail.