Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to...MOMMY!

Well, today was my birthday. Yep...another one. I always have such mixed emotions on my birthday. I don't FEEL older, but I do tend to get a little "depressed" upon seeing the signs of getting older and also the number! Yikes...getting higher...fast! It also makes me sad sometimes to think that another whole year went by...far too quickly. For those of you who are checking in on the blog each week...Dad, Mom, Jamie, Dana, Jim..."Thank You" so much for calling me today and wishing me a "Happy Birthday"! I did get the messages even though I did not have a chance to call back (yet). It was a busy day with the girls down here in Eugene, then we met up with Frank to celebrate this evening. I also appreciated all the messages and good wishes from my friends on Facebook:). Here are a few highlights from my special day...


How could my birthday not start out well when I have this cuteness to wake up to!?
She gets so excited when she sees me walk in to get her in the morning and after naps...
makes my day every day...
Waiting patiently for me to get ready to go to Kohl's and out to lunch...her Oshkosh shortalls are just too adorable on her!!!
All dressed up for Mommy's birthday dinner at King Estate's Winery...
Arriving for our reservation...
Rachel & Mommy...
Our sweet Sheena who, for obvious reasons, could not accompany us to the winery for dinner...waiting patiently back at the apartment.
Her excitement when we returned...priceless:)...

A special "Thank You" to my wonderful husband for taking me out for a delicious, relaxing birthday dinner. I'll always remember the toast you made...my glass of white wine, your glass of red wine and Rachel's Cinderella sippy cup of apple juice. It was so cute how we clanked glasses and sippy, and then when I told her to drink up...she did!!! She took a nice, long swig:). You'd have thought I said "Bottoms Up!". Too funny! Is there ever a time when she is not making us laugh or smile?! It was nice spending my birthday with two of my most favorite, most special, most loved ones...my husband and daughter. I know I have said this before, but I feel so blessed. I love you both so very much. You are my world and make every day a good day always!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Lori!! :) I love how you tell your stories ~ I feel as though I'm right there with you. :) miss Rachel seems like she's just such a sweet joy to be around. Such a little miss manners (thanks to her mommy I'm sure :))
I understand what you mean about having mixed emotions regarding your birthday. I certainly can't believe another year has passed as well and with each year it seems to pass quicker. I just we just need to make sure we enjoy each and every moment. :) Glad you had such a wonderful day!! :)

kimberly said...

happy happy belated birthday lori.......i'm sure it was wonderful, sharing it with a little precious family! :)
hugs,
kimberly