Rachel with Daddy, Mommy, Grandparents, Godparents & Great-Grandpa
Ready for our guests.
Rachel & Great-Grandma Millie


One of Mommy's favorite pictures.
"Rachel, Daddy & Mommy love you so very much!"
Proud Daddy & Mommy
Rachel & Mommy
Rachel & Grandma Sherry at the Baby Shower A moment with Uncle Jamie & Aunt Dana

Rachel with Grandma Fran & Great-Grandma Helen
Rachel with her soon-to-be Aunt Amy
Great-Grandma Millie & Great Aunt Dee
The "Now"...
Wow...amazing how many changes happen in just one year! Our little "peanut" is still pretty petite. She's long but slim. She was almost 11 lbs. at two months and just weighed in last week at almost 20 lbs. She is still as active and curious as ever. She is a little "smarty pants" and knows just what buttons to push to operate all her toys. She sits and looks through her books everyday and loves to be read to...especially if she's in the mood to just lounge on your lap. She sings along to everything musical. She is just starting to show a little interest in television...just a little.
Trying on a new sunhat the other day...
Heading out for a walk...
She has a delightful sense of humor. She laughs at us, her doggy and even herself quite often. Her laughs and giggles are some of the most beautiful sounds I have ever heard. She "talks" a lot, unfortunately I'm not exactly sure what she is saying...yet. She has a great appetite and eats so many different kinds of foods...practically everything we eat as long as it's not too salty, sweet or spicy:). She even tried the salmon we made the other day. I think she liked my honey-balsamic marinade...yummo! :) She shares her meals with Sheena whenever she can! It was so cute today...I gave Sheena a doggy biscuit and she took it into the family room and set it down on the floor. Rachel was sitting right here and immediately picked it up. I held my breath while ready to say a commanding "Sheena, niiiiice!" and also to remind Rachel that it is "for doggy" not "for Rachel":). Well, no words from Mommy were necessary...Rachel held it out to Sheena and Sheena gently took it from her and proceeded to eat it. That got lots of giggles from Rachel, of course:). A little bummed that I did not have my digital camera or video camera ready, but I sure enjoyed the moment in person.
Rachel loves Da-Da's Blackberry!She gives the sweetest little kisses to Mommy and Daddy. She is learning and doing new things every day and it is so much fun to see. I love watching her become the smart, beautiful, funny little toddler she is fast becoming, but I must admit it is hard to see my "baby" disappearing...
Our Sweet Girl...
"Thank you, Rachel, for making every day extraordinary."!







3 comments:
this makes me all teary :) i can't imagine what milo will be like a year from now. :)
what a sweet little girlie ~ she is so lucky to have a mommy and daddy who love her SOOOO much! :)thanks for sharing this ~ you have such a way of writing as though the reader has experienced it too. :)
What a beautiful post! And I have to say these are some of the cutest pictures I've ever seen. I thought the one with the sunhat was the best until I scrolled down and saw the one with the sunglasses. Absolutely beautiful!
I love both of these pics with Rachael in the sunhats she is so adorable.
Lisa
Post a Comment