Friday, August 14, 2009

Catching up on photo shoots! (May)

I have some catching up to do with photos! I was getting Rachel's "milestone" pictures done at JCP and am very happy with them. They did a great job, but it always "bothered" me that no matter how much we spent on photographs, they charged a lot of (additional) money for you to get all the photos on a CD. In my opinion, if you buy a package at a particular price level the CD should be included. I have a friend whose daughter is a few months younger than Rachel, and she has been going to Sears every month since her daughter was born! (I thought it was rough getting to the studio every three months!) Now that I look back, considering all the cute clothes everyone bought for Rachel, I should have been going every month since her birth too! :-) I thought about changing to Sears last year when I heard about it, but JCP was doing a cute collage for me and I wanted ot see it through to 12 months:).

Right before Rachel's 1st birthday Sears sent us a card and coupon for "#1" pictures and I decided to give them a shot. Here are some of my favorites. They were taken on May 18th when Rachel was exactly 14 months old...but hey, still considered "1", right:)...


Yay! Look who's ONE!
Sweet profile... This was her new "look" back then...
not so new anymore as Mommy gets it almost daily:)...
A little collage created by Mommy:)...
That first time they really paid attention to what I wanted and stuck to only taking about 12 or so poses for me in the one outfit. Since then I have gone back two more times...to the same photographer...with several outfit changes:)...and she took 30 to 40 photos each time. We sat and added borders and enhancements and created various collages and turned them into over 100! Then I got the complete CD with my orders! Yay! You all know how much I LOVE pictures. I have ordered some from each session and must admit that I am behind in getting them sent out. I did get some of these out to Grandparents and Godparents, and I do still plan to send more out to Aunts and Uncles, friends etc...I hope to be sending out little photo packets soon:). Hope you guys are ready for some new pictures!


The "Little Cupcake" pink corduroy overalls are from Gymboree and coordinated perfectly with Rachel's 1st Birthday party theme. I had these in my bag while at the mall one day and just happened to be shopping at Gymboree (GymBucks, Baby!). I showed them to the girls working there. They thought they were great! They said they absolutely love seeing when customers use their outfits for photos...if they only knew... :-)...enjoy...and thanks for looking and letting me share our sweet girl...oh, and you can click on the last picture with the montage and make it larger if you want...I couldn't resist...

2 comments:

Jamie said...

so cute! You're so good at doing this milestone picture thing. :) I really need to get better at that!!

I really love "the look" photo. :) that's hilarious!! :)

kimberly said...

so.so.sweet.....i wish i would have done more photos when i look back....but with 5 girls....it got a little hectic....but i SHOULD have been better about family pics....hopefully the girls will be!
xo
kimberly