Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Missing Da-Da...

Today is supposed to be "Wordless Wednesday", but I couldn't resist this post after last night and this morning with Rachel. I think our little one may be missing her Da-Da a bit. She loves her Mommy. I am certain of it, and we are so fortunate to get to spend all our time together. In order for us to do so, the Da-Da works a lot! He also travels quite a bit and may be gone for several days at a time. It is not easy on any of us, but we are doing our best. It truly makes the time we are all together that much more special. Well, naturally as Rachel gets older she notices when he is not here. Last night she asked for him at bedtime again. I changed her into her jammies, read some stories and we rocked and talked. Then I put her in her crib and she said her I love you's with the extra "L's". (very cute) I've been noticing the past week or so that she is starting to ask for "Da-Da?". It's so sweet. She just repeats, "Da-Da? Da-Da?". I tell her he loves her very much and is working and that he will be home soon. That seems okay. Then she says, "Woof?" and I reassure her that Sheena is sleeping nearby:).
This morning I was not feeling too well, so when Rachel woke up I brought her and her blankies and a bunch of books into my bed. How fun! She loved lying amongst all my pillows and "read" several stories to me. It was a fun way to start the morning:). I had a small pile of Frank's clean laundry on the bed. It was folded, but I had just not put it away yet. Rachel went over to it and before I knew it she spread the items all around her and was repeating "Da-Da!" and holding them up to her face. (so sweet) She especially seemed to "bond" with his Alaska tshirt. It was much easier to lift than the blue jeans:), and she started trying to put it over her head. I asked her if she wanted ot wear Daddy's shirt. She confirmed it and I helped her put it on. This got a happy little laugh from her.

She wore it for breakfast and to play in. It has tripped her numerous times. It has some milk on it and smells a bit like Cheerios. It is huge and got caught on her Cozy Coupe door and I had to help her get free. Despite all of this...she is still wearing it almost 3 1/2 hours later:). It makes me think of one of the quotes I came across when I was putting together the Father's Day photo montage for Frank last year. She definitely loves her Daddy!
"The first man a little girl falls in love with is her Daddy."
~ Author Unknown


I know you can't see Rachel's face here,
but I thought this was so sweet.
She really loves her doggy too!
Hopefully this doesn't make the Da-Da sad, but makes him happy to know his little girl (all his girls) miss him and think of him often when he is at work:)...

2 comments:

Timmarie said...

Oh my goodness. I think this is very cute and so very sweet. Frank is very lucky to have a little one who loves him soooooo much.

Jamie said...

what a sweetie pie :) i remember wearing my dad's big t-shirts and having so much fun in them! :) hope your family gets to spend more time together soon!!! thanks for sharing. :) i'm sure dada misses his girls too! :)