So, today the pictures do not go with the post. There are no pictures to go with the post because...I was in the shower!!! We woke late again today as our week has been a little off. I was still feeling kind of poorly and decided a shower might help. I could hear Rachel in her crib, so I went in, changed her diaper and put her back into her crib with some books to read. I have done this before, and she just sits in there and reads:). I also switched out her Lullaby CD for some Disney music. Well, I was taking my shower when all of a sudden I sensed movement. Thinking it was Sheena, I glanced over and what to my water-filled eyes should appear...a tiny little 23 month old...looking scared and gripping her blankie! WHAT!??? I felt confused for a moment...Was she really there? Did I bring her into the bathroom with her books? How did she...? etc...I opened the door a crack and she just looked so scared cowering in the corner by the sink. I asked her if she was okay. She said "uh-huh"...asked if she got out of her crib by herself "uh-huh"...then asked if she was sure she was okay "uh-huh"...I hopped out, grabbed some of her toys and closed the door. She played with some blocks and we chatted. I was trembling and realizing...somehow she climbed or fell out of her crib...the baby gate at the top of the steps was open...she is good at stairs but we do not let her climb up or down without being right there...she could have fallen...Wait! Somehow she CLIMBED or FELL out of her crib...OMG...she could have gotten hurt...broken her neck...her arm...her leg...but there she was staring at me so innocently...and she was okay...oh, boy...I am so not ready for her to be in a big girl bed...she is not even 2 yet! What does this mean...need time to process...maybe it was an accident?...need time to process... :-) So anyway...there's my scary story of the day. I know it is all part of the "growing up" thing, but goodness...things are happening way too fast...
So, on a different note...Rachel had her third Gymboree Art Class today! For some reason, I forgot my camera for the first two classes. Well, I remembered it today! Yay! Some cute pictures of our little artist. She has so much fun in there. I do think half the fun is sitting at the table on the little chair! We are considering getting her a set for her 2nd birthday next month:)...
Okay...so this is why we either have to leave early to get somewhere on time OR we are simply late everywhere we go! Unless she is wearing tights...the shoes and socks are off every time we reach a destination! She acts like it is quite the accomplishment every time too!
Grrr...
then spongepaint some watery paint over it to reveal the drawings.
Rachel was not too much into the candle part.
I'm not sure if it was because she couldn't see it or because it left wax crumbs all over.
Showing off her final results with her Teacher!







2 comments:
How scary! It's about to become a whole new world in your house. And those pics of art class! I'm glad you brought your camera. I especially like the one where she's checking out the art work. Too cute!
Great pose for Daddy!!! LOVE IT!!!
How scary to think it was Shena but instead it's Racheal and how did she manage that .... oh my ... glad she was ok!!!
Post a Comment