Sunday, January 23, 2011

Daddy's Little Helper!

In December, we...and by "we" I mean Frank...finally got the boxes and packing materials organized to the point where we could have the recycle truck come pick up what we did not want. We...and by "we" here I really do mean we...tried several times previously...during the Summer...during the Fall etc...but there were always interruptions and we (I) ended up procrastinating. So...Merry Christmas to us! It finally got done. I did not get to help with the final part due to being indoors decorating anad baking, but he did have one terrific little helper!

It was kind of cold that day, so I bundled Rachel up in a onesie, some sweats and to my delight discovered the little sweater coat she received as a birthday present last March fit her! She is such a little peanut. I remember when she got it and I saw it was a size 24 months...I was kind of bummed because there was no gift receipt and no tags for me to try to exchange for a 2T or 3T...and it was so cute! Well, I put it into the closet and just hoped maybe it would still fit her for Fall or Winter. Well, it did/does! And as an added bonus a little pink scarf/hat/glove set I picked up for her awhile ago matched perfectly. I know...she was just going out to work/play in the garage...but why not still look as cute as can be?!

All bundled up and ready to go!
 Once she figured out how to get each finger and thumb in the right place...
she LOVED the gloves.

 Now for a little play time...

 Time to help the Da-Da!
I was impressed too...
they stacked them according to size
just as Momma would have done!

 We kept a nice supply of the various sizes...
and the recycle truck STILL hauled away a ton!
 Time for some more PLAY!
Reading a Christmas book to Minnie and Mickey!

 She was still getting used to how she could
see and move her fingers inside the gloves.

 Going for a ride!
Minnie and Mickey both played music as they rode around the driveway!
"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells...Jingle All The Way..."

It is nice to be able to fit BOTH cars into a garage again! Since moving to the West Coast and no longer having basement storage...one car has usually ended up out in the driveway! 

No comments: